Standard UDF library

Jos

• Developers

I have received all work done by Jeremy/Brian and have been working on modifying the basics UDF standards to be able to publish them. (see link below)

Also been modifying lots of UDF's adding Optional parameters (Great stuff this new feature! ).

I am going to try to get all below listed UDF's ready for the next release and plan to have the UDF's also included in the SciTE intellisense option for ease of coding.

==> Page containing all info needed to qualify for inclusion of a UDF.

I welcome input on the listed UDFs like errors/ideas/Helppage-typo's etc..

Also new UDF's are welcome as long as they adhere to the standards and are usefull for a larger group of scripters. (and time permits to get it included :idiot: )

Thanks to Jeremy Landes/Brian Keene for all the work they have done.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Guest Guidosoft

Do we need to update scite or something to get these?

:idiot:

I really have no clue about this whole thing.

AND WHAT ABOUT MY LITTLE COLLECTION OF INCLUDES!!! THANX FOR PUTTING THAT ONE.

I have received all work done by Jeremy/Brian and have been working on modifying the basics UDF standards to be able to publish them. (see link below)

Also been modifying lots of UDF's adding Optional parameters (Great stuff this new feature! ).

I am going to try to get all below listed UDF's ready for the next release and plan to have the UDF's also included in the SciTE intellisense option for ease of coding.

==> Page containing all info needed to qualify for inclusion of a UDF. 

==> Page containing current "Work in Progress" for those interested.

==> List of "Work in Progress" include files

I welcome input on the listed UDFs like errors/ideas/Helppage-typo's etc..

Also new UDF's are welcome as long as they adhere to the standards and are usefull for everybody. (and time permits to get it included  :D

Thanks to Jeremy Landes/Brian Keene for all the work done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Love the array functions ... those are too cool

:idiot:

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

If you are interested in my http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/CyberSlug/GuiMsgWrappers.au3, I can get a bunch together in the proper format.... Just let me know the requirements for handling GUI Constants (separate iinclude file? broken down by control type? alphabetical?)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Excellent!

All of these functions are so exciting... I need to find a game to write bots for. If anyone has suggestions on a game (preferably free) that a bot would be an interesting 'adventure' please PM me :idiot:.

I believe I have a few functions that would be handy in bot making lying around, I'll dig them up in a few days.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

• Developers

If you are interested in my http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/CyberSlug/GuiMsgWrappers.au3, I can get a bunch together in the proper format.... Just let me know the requirements for handling GUI Constants (separate iinclude file?  broken down by control type?  alphabetical?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CyberSlug, its not really me the needs to be interested for UDF's to make the standard library. The UDF should be usefull for a large groups of scripters.

I guess Jon has the ultimate Yea/Nee power, since he needs to include it in the installer... :idiot:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Can these still be submitted?

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Guest Guidosoft

I SAID WHAT ABOUT MY COLLECTION OF INLCUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU GONA PUT THEM??

I SAID WHAT ABOUT MY COLLECTION OF INLCUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU GONA PUT THEM??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try this link: http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi?p=1#CAPSLOCK

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

• Developers

Can these still be submitted?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ofcourse...

When they are usefull then if they don't make this version it will go in the next one.

@Guidosoft. as mentioned before to you: read the information first !!!

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Ofcourse... 

When they are usefull then if they don't make this version it will go in the next one.

@Guidosoft. as mentioned before to you: read the information first !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am going to include this one I just finished. It didnt originate from me, but I have used it so many times and I have seen alot of people need it.

It gets the public IP address. Let me know what you think.

GetIP.zip

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

I am going to include this one I just finished. It didnt originate from me, but I have used it so many times and I have seen alot of people need it.

It gets the public IP address. Let me know what you think.

GetIP.zip

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree its a usefull one to include...

Who should be included for the credit ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Agree its a usefull one to include...

Who should be included for the credit ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I could look up my oldest posts I could tell you. I dont remember who it was that helped me with that.

There were like 2 or 3 versions of it. I just picked pieces of them and put it together. (I think).

Let me know if there is a way I can look up all of my posts.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Okay... give some credit to ezzetabi. :idiot: It is his. I didnt do really anything now that I look at it again. I just changed the name, documented it, updated it to the INetGet() fixed the syntax and whala. So I would say Ezzi and I, its up to you.

The Thread is there. It shows everything.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Here are two more fuctions that may be useful.

1. Converts String to Hex String

2. Converts Hex String to String

The files are attached below.

Thanks,

JS

StrToHex.zip

HexToStr.zip

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

Here is one that I have had.  It trims each element in an  array by a certain number of characters.  If this looks right pls tell me because I have a few more that I would like to send.

red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Red,

there is a problem with your script, just run your example and you get :

==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

$aArray[$i] = StringTrimRight($aArray[$i], $iTrimNum)

^ ERROR

This is because you should do:

$iArrayNum = UBound($aArray) -1

I also have the folowing suggestions:

- $iTrimDirection can be optional defaulting to 0

- add optional parameters $i_Base=0 and $i_Ubound=0 like _ArraySort

What do you think?

EDIT: Also don't forget to define ALL Func variables and as LOCAL !!

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Red,

there is a problem with your script, just run your example and you get :

==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

$aArray[$i] = StringTrimRight($aArray[$i], $iTrimNum)

^ ERROR

This is because you should do:

$iArrayNum = UBound($aArray) -1

This is fixed.

I also have the folowing suggestions:

- $iTrimDirection can be optional defaulting to 0

- add optional parameters  $i_Base=0 and $i_Ubound=0 like _ArraySort

What do you think?

When I first wrote this UDF optional parameters were not allowed so I will add this in.

Now does this make it optional? Or do they still have to specify a value. So in other words if i add these to the end of my function can they still call:

_ArrayTrim($Array,1)

EDIT: Also don't forget to define ALL Func variables and as LOCAL !!

Fixed.

red

• Developers

Now does this make it optional?  Or do they still have to specify a value.  So in other words if i add these to the end of my function can they still call:

_ArrayTrim($Array,1)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Func _ArrayTrim($aArray, $iTrimNum, $iTrimDirection=0,$i_Base=0, $i_Ubound=0 )

This means that if the parameters are skipped, it will use the value behind the = sign.

In case of $i_Base you want to do something like:

; Set to ubound when not specified
If $i_Ubound < 1 Then $i_Ubound = UBound($a_Array) - 1

hope that helps.. :idiot:

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

That helped alot thanks. Here is the new version have a look over and make sure it looks right and works for u.

While I was working on it I think I found an error in the code in ArraySort()

If UBound($aArray) < $iUbound Or Not IsNumber($iUbound) Then

I believe this should be

If UBound($aArray) <= $iUbound Or Not IsNumber($iUbound) Then

If the nbr is the same as the $aArray size we want to error out because it is still too big of a number.

red

TrimArray.zip

Edited by redndahead

• Jos locked this topic