Window|No startbar box

I'm trying to make a window without a titlebar, disabled, not in the startbar, and topmost. I need a way to not have that little window icon by the startmenu

GUICreate('', 100, 20, -1, -1, 0x88000000, 0x00000028)

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

It's all in the helpfile man.

I believe u want this...

HotKeySet("^!{Esc}", "_Exit")
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("", 100, 20, -1, -1, 0x88000000, 0x00000028)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
;To disable = GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE)
Break(0)
Opt ("TrayIconHide", 1)
While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
   If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
      Exit
   EndIf
Wend

Func _Exit()
   Exit
EndFunc;==>_Exit
Edited by Agent Smith

Sry, my browser acted up (the doublepost)

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Let me explain further with this picture.

Other note i'm not the kind of guy to miss something big in helpfile. I read it finely before i make a post.

Edited by Wolvereness

I borrow this thread, since you guys are talking about Control styles :idiot:

What does this mean?

WS_VISIBLE Creates a window that is initially visible.

I can read it, but don´t understand it :D

Can someone gimme an example when its used.

Were ever i lay my script is my home...

Saunders, perfect!!!

Doxie, all of those are hexidecimal values like 0x000000.

You never really need to use #GUIConstants because all it does is assign those variables (notice the $) just to make it easier to use those hexidecimal values.

Saunders, perfect!!!

Doxie, all of those are hexidecimal values like 0x000000.

You never really need to use #GUIConstants because all it does is assign those variables (notice the $) just to make it easier to use those hexidecimal values.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the contrary, you do need to use GuiConstants.au3. Do you memorize all those styles? No? Neither does anybody else, so how the heck is anybody (Including yourself) supposed to know what the styles are if the symbolic names aren't used?

wow, you of all people should know about the helpfile. But the normal person usually doesn't need guis but when they first start to write their script. They get what they need and plug it in ei, 0x88000000

If you look by what var means what you will see that it comes with the hex value. Hell, you might even be able to use decimal.

Also, to answer your question I DO memorize the ones I use most often.

FYI, for me to memorize those variables and what they mean is just as hard as memorizing the hexidecimal.

Last Edit, how about someone write a script to just #include the variables you need. Maybe an addition to tidy?

Sry: Truely last edit, Sorry for the anger but i just hate it when people go out of their way to prove me wrong when they* are the ones who are wrong

* = Another person being wrong would mean in my mind they were not correct not saying it would be wrong in popular opinion or trying to directly blame that person for being wrong

Edited by Wolvereness

• Developers

It is helpful if we tell everybody to use the #include GUIConstants.au3 and use the defined variables , like also is used in the helpfile examples.

This will help the people in the forum to help out a lot better when somebody has GUI questions and posts the script.

I don't think this is a Tidy function.

my 2 cents.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

If you wish to make things harder for yourself, thats your choice, but do not encourage people to pick up bad habits.

Incidentally, the last time I checked, I could search MSDN or Google for a symbolic style name and get results, I can't say the same about searching for an arbitrary hex number.

do not encourage people to pick up bad habits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never encourage someone to make something harder on themself, but merely state a fact that if used correctly would better their ability to acheive the total goal in their sites.

JdeB: I would mean an option to make it so you can tidy a script and exclude the <GUIConstants.au3> but include the vars that they would use as to decrease the amount of space the script uses. **I'm not insisting on such a function, consider it an idea.**

I don't think I will continue this trivial matter any further.

Guys, i did not mean to start something about this...

I guess everyone can use what they feel is best for them.

Anyway, i really don't got the answer of my question, i think. :idiot:

You said i could use hex instead. Ok, lets say i use hex but what would WS_VISIBLE do? How would it look like. That´s my question.

If i got the answer, but could not understand it, then be it. I guess it will come to me later on.

Thanks

HelpFile->Appendix->GUIControlStyles

I think I missunderstood what you were saying, but that article (above) will help you.

And for further explanation,

Creates a window that is initially visible.

means right after it reads that function call, the window will be on your screen... No need to use GUISetStat() Edited by Wolvereness

ooh You wanna know what i thought it was :idiot:

Don´t laugh....

I thought if i had a transparant picture as a background, it would only show the picture and not the window behind it.

Wich would mean you could have any shape you like on your window.

You understand what i mean?

Doxie, I would NEVER laugh at someone who had the courage to ask a question.

But I truthfully have no idea what that is you thought it did.

Edited by Wolvereness