Command To Map Mouse Wheel ?

Guest Sativa

Is there a way to map the mouse wheel button as a click ? My SWG game doesnt recognise the left click command twice (it will register once though, i tried timing and multiple clicks) so i want to try with mouse 3 (the only one i can map) set as double click.

I see others are having the same prob with SWG, does anyone know if it was nerfed ? I got the link for this URL http://www.pker.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2040&PN=1 maybe you might find his macro helpfull.

If you are running NT/2k/XP, you can use AutoHotkey to assign an action to the wheel button click, and also to turning the wheel up and down.

Edit: Forgot to mention AutoHotkey is a hybrid of AutoIt2 & 3, in case you didn't know. And an example for the middle button:

MButton::

MouseClick, Left, , , 2 ; Double click

return

If the above still doesn't work with the game, try using $MButton instead, which uses a more powerful hotkey method.

Edited by cmallett

Thx for the help mallet, but im not sure i understand. If i already have the key mapped using my mouse software, and it works in game-- then i shouldnt need autohotkey, right ? Or do I need it in order to execute the click ? If i want to mouse wheel click on 243, 302-- is there a text syntax for it? I just got this program yesterday so i havent had alot of time to mess around with it, is there a link to all commands usable? Any help or links would be usefull!

If i already have the key mapped using my mouse software, and it works in game-- then i shouldnt need autohotkey, right ?

Right, I thought you wanted to define a custom action when you pressed the wheel button -- something that you were having trouble doing using either the game or the software that came with the mouse.

If i want to mouse wheel click on 243, 302-- is there a text syntax for it?

MouseClick, middle, 243, 302

Keep in mind that AutoHotkey uses Window Spy's "In Window" coordinates and not its "Desktop" coordinates.

is there a link to all commands usable

Here's the complete command list:

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands.htm

Edited by cmallett

Thanks alot mallet, autohotkey works just great with SWG. If you happen to come across any other posts from star wars galaxies players you may want to turn em on, for some reason the same scripts would not work wth autoit. Thx again, no more mindless hours of clicking!