how to change wallpaper?

i know this question has been answered many times, but it only works for .bmp files (as i understood it). I want to set a .html file as my wallpaper, anyone got any ideas how i could achieve that through a script? please help

are you talking about Desktop Item ?

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

yeah i want to change my desktop wallpaper to a .html file.

heres my html file:

CODE
<html>

<body>

<iframe

src ="http://whatever.com"

width="100%" height="100%">

</iframe>

</body>

</html>

it works if i use the standard way (right click>properties>desktop...etc) but i want it to be automated with a script

yes, i also love using html as desktop ... i don't really have a solution but please try this :

first, set a html page as the desktop background then go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop" to find some key which have the "relate words" then look at its Type and Data, maybe it will be helpful

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

ok i tried doing what you said, and it appears that regedit doesnt recognize the current wallpaper, so all the previous values from my previous wallpaper are there. I tried restarting the computer to make sure, but the old .bmp wallpaper was in regedit, while i had my website on my desktop.

alright i got it; it was in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\INTERNET EXPLORER\DESKTOP\GENERAL\WALLPAPER

thanks a lot

EDIT: my bad its in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General

:D

Edited by tapeworm09