how to set .html as wallpaper?

ok, so far all i know is that in the registry, the html file can be found in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General

when i set it as wallpaper the normal way (right click>properties ...etc)

this is what ive done:

CODE
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General", "Wallpaper", "REG_EXPAND_SZ", "path to html file")

doesnt work :D my wallpaper stays the same, refreshing does nothing either.

any idea what im doing wrong?

Edited by tapeworm09

I don't believe it is possible to set .html files as a wallpaper. I think wallpapers have to be .bmp and maybe it is possible to get .jpg to work. You could take a screenshot of the open HTML file and then save that as a wallpaper.

it works doing it manually, through properties>desktop. So there must be a way to automate it.

i want to for example set google as my desktop wallpaper, so i can type in my search on the desktop, and hit search, without opening my internet browser

Edited by tapeworm09

Does it work with this?

;Wallpaper Updates
Const $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE = 0x01
Const $SPIF_SENDWININICHANGE = 0x02
Const $SPIF_SENDCHANGE = $SPIF_SENDWININICHANGE

DllCall("user32.dll","int","SystemParametersInfo","int", 20, "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", $SPIF_SENDCHANGE) ;Restore Default Wallpaper

$WhatToDo = $SPIF_SENDCHANGE ;use if only temporarey changen
$WhatToDo = $SPIF_SENDCHANGE+$SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE ;permanent change :)

DllCall("user32.dll","int","SystemParametersInfo","int", 20, "int", 0, "str", "", "int", $WhatToDo) ;Remove Wallpaper

$path = "PATH TO WALLPAPER"
DllCall("user32.dll","int","SystemParametersInfo","int", 20, "int", 0, "str", $path, "int", $WhatToDo) ;Set new Wallpaper

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes