WMI learning it, any recommendations?

I'm looking to teach myself WMI, can anyone recommend books, websites, etc that I should get in order to teach myself? I'm typically a hands-on learner, and not much for reading about theory, so a book or site where it gives you a basic knowledge is great as well as examples to do, and a comprehensive set of instructions and help, or help files, etc...

I'm looking to teach myself WMI, can anyone recommend books, websites, etc that I should get in order to teach myself? I'm typically a hands-on learner, and not much for reading about theory, so a book or site where it gives you a basic knowledge is great as well as examples to do, and a comprehensive set of instructions and help, or help files, etc...

This is a Chat topic but, "Hey Scripting Guy" on the Microsoft Technet has provided a lot of AutoIt translations for WMI.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen.../qanda/all.mspx

This is a Chat topic but, "Hey Scripting Guy" on the Microsoft Technet has provided a lot of AutoIt translations for WMI.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen.../qanda/all.mspx

Yeah I know that one, but I don't have the basic knowledge of WMI to fully "get it"... I'm pretty slick I think with AutoIT, I been using it for a very long time... just want to expand my knowledge.

I agree, and I use it too, but it doesn't really TEACH me anything... it's a shortcut.

Well I can keep posting solutions that you have already tried, or you can tell us what you've already tried and what your ultimate goal is. Is there something specific you want to learn?

Well I can keep posting solutions that you have already tried, or you can tell us what you've already tried and what your ultimate goal is. Is there something specific you want to learn?

Yes, all the ins and outs of WMI... I've used only the 2 things you suggested, the HSG Archive, and Scriptomatic.

I agree, and I use it too, but it doesn't really TEACH me anything... it's a shortcut.

There is a compiled version of it available in my sig too.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I think there is also a decent help file with the WMI Explorer which can be downloaded from

HERE

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"