P2P-engine for my program

Hi,

In my program users can search certain websites for downloads, this works great. Now I try to create 2 p2p-engine in my program, so that users can search

each other shared files. Ofcourse users have agreed to share a map with downloads, so no illegal stuff.

I read articles about file-sharing via p2p:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/file-sharing3.htm

etc.

The Gnutella-network is a good example of what I try to create.

In other p2p-programs (limewire, kazaa, napster etc.) it's possible to search for a file and download it. You can download the same file from

mulitple seeds (leafs). But how does that work?

Via TCPSend it's possible to send files one-to-one. But how is it possbile to use it like four-to-one? For example:

#Comp1 has filename.zip

#Comp2 has filename.zip

#Comp3 has filename.zip

#Comp4 has filename.zip

#Comp5 searches for 'filename', the results popup in my program:

filename.zip with 4 seeds (leafs). #Comp5 double clicks it and starts downloading, how must I code it to download the file from 4 seeds to bring the downloadspeed up?:S

My english isn't that well, so I hope you understand it.

Programs so far:Teh Serializer - Search for licenses for Nero - Windows - Office - Alcohol etc.

Hi!

If you're serious and have at least decent skills then you should really check out this site Link it gives a very good explanation how to make your own Bittorrent client which if course is P2P. I used it to create my torrent maker (see sig).

From the beginning I though of writing a complete Bittorrent client but didn't have the energy to do it.

If you decide to start making one I would be more than happy to help :D

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Hi!

If you're serious and have at least decent skills then you should really check out this site Link it gives a very good explanation how to make your own Bittorrent client which if course is P2P. I used it to create my torrent maker (see sig).

From the beginning I though of writing a complete Bittorrent client but didn't have the energy to do it.

If you decide to start making one I would be more than happy to help :D

Well I'm seriously thinking about the p2p-engine for my program.

I used to program in PHP, AJAX, XML etc., now I want try this to make this in AutoIt.

Thank you for the link, it's useful.

Programs so far:Teh Serializer - Search for licenses for Nero - Windows - Office - Alcohol etc.

• 2 years later...

Hey.

I'm also trying to make a P2P engine.

I started by building a client side to Kips TCP UDF.

The difference between your P2P program and mine is that mine only deals with single strings of data, AKA: no files are going to be sent by hopping through peers. (but files may be sent through a direct TCP connection from provider to reciever)

And as such, primarily, hop messages are small and normally only contain data about peer discovery and messages between nodes.

However my main issues are speed and security. I want most nodes to be able to handle 6 or seven hop messages a second, (hence the name firenet), because packets are small, load is massive and the more packets, the more confusing for hackers and censors.

Security will be achieved by 'connection hopping'; connecting to another node, discovering peers, before sending bogus data (and any hop messages achieved) and disconnecting, and doing the same to disovered peers. (Making it difficult for hackers to see whats actually happening.)

different encryption will run between nodes.

If you can, can you please post your source code, my code is not very clean and is not fully operational.

Thx,

Hypoz

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search