Infrared?

Any possible (known) way to do this autoit?

Im bored, And want to play with the IR port on my laptop. Its just sitting there.

Any ideas how I would go about "interacting" with it?

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Except my laptop doesnt have bluetooth. And I want to learn more about IR with autoit, so I can move on later, with more knowledge for when I attempt something with my PSP. I want to make use of its IR.

Except my laptop doesnt have bluetooth. And I want to learn more about IR with autoit, so I can move on later, with more knowledge for when I attempt something with my PSP. I want to make use of its IR.

Well in that case you would want software for your PSP to emulate a remote control. AutoIt would not help you. That thing has wireless, use that.

Well in that case you would want software for your PSP to emulate a remote control. AutoIt would not help you. That thing has wireless, use that.

I am not looking for an alternative. I am looking for how to use IR with autoit.

K, Well the only ive got connected, is COM3 apparently, and according to the computer, Its set to builtin dialup modem. the IR port, isnt. Apparently.

EDIT::

Apparently the IR port is set at COM2.

But doesnt show up with the UDF.

Posted Image

Edited by AzKay

I just tried the code HERE

It errors out, "Invalid port number", at $MsComm.PortOpen = 1

If the port isn't listed in device manager under Ports(COM & LPT) then it isn't available as a COM port and any serial COMMS utility that uses Windows to tell it what's available won't know it exists.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

That wasnt funny. I put the quotes there for a reason. I know its not the name of the manufacturer, But that is what is there.

I think they also make Computer Mouse brand computer mice.

Naah, there're the people who make Standard Ruby Port, it's a bit lighter than Standard Infrared Port.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.