AutoIt Number Limit

Is it possible to raise the number limit that AutoIt can calculate....? I'm working with VERY high numbers here, and I am getting the 1.#INF error, on the....442 calculation...I am looking for much higher numbers. Is this possible, or not?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Is it possible to raise the number limit that AutoIt can calculate....? I'm working with VERY high numbers here, and I am getting the 1.#INF error, on the....442 calculation...I am looking for much higher numbers. Is this possible, or not?

Higher than a 32 bit integer, or higher than a 64 bit double floating point...? Working out the implications of your Grand Unification Theory on the cosmos? :D

At any rate, if you run a 64 bit CPU and Windows version, you can run AutoIt3_x64.exe, the 64 bit version of AutoIt.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Higher than a 32 bit integer, or higher than a 64 bit double floating point...? Working out the implications of your Grand Unification Theory on the cosmos? :D

At any rate, if you run a 64 bit CPU and Windows version, you can run AutoIt3_x64.exe, the 64 bit version of AutoIt.

Damn. I don't have any 64 bit computers here. :)

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Damn. I don't have any 64 bit computers here. :D

Can you give an example of a number you are working with that won't fit in an IEEE Double Float (available in 32 bit AutoIt)?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69013

All the information is in that post. As is the script.

Ah, so. I think you would be better off working in C++, where I believe there are specific libraries you can use that support extra-large number structures. Even if you coded such stuff in AutoIt, I would expect it to be intolerably slow for that kind of intensive calculations.

If you can code C++ to do the math, but want to work the interface in AutoIt, you might create a .dll or plug-in to call. There were other discussions of such things in the forums.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times