Yet another Periodic Table

EvAsion

I loved Dhilip89's periodic table so much that i thought i would improve it!

Added search options, valencies, electronegativities.

Also shows what compounds each element exists in.

Original topic: Dhilip89's periodic table

Update: Gui no longer flashes on and off when searching /changing table + minor edits (thanks wooltown)

Update: Added wiki link, and added Density, Melting Point, Boiling Point and isotopes (only for some elements i'll finish later..) Now shows organic compounds (although the database is obviously incomplete)

Attachment includes compiled version and source.

Periodic_Table.zip

Edited by EvAsion

Very nice, but when you click on a search button or radio button, the windows disapperars and then shows up again, try disabling the update of the GUI when a search is made and then enabling it again, perhaps use the functions below.

Func GUIusrDis()

GUISetState(@SW_LOCK, $GUI)

GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $GUI)

GUISetCursor(15, 1)

EndFunc ;==>GUIusrDis

;===============================================================

Func GUIusrEna()

GUISetCursor(2, 1)

GUISetState(@SW_UNLOCK, $GUI)

GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $GUI)

EndFunc ;==>GUIusrEna

Looks nice, do the same on the Default/Valencies radio buttons. do the Valencies radio button text field a little bit larger, I can only see the half "s".

Thanks for your interest and assistance wooltown.

Btw.. AutoIT - The best a man can get ! should be AutoI>>t<< - The best a man can get ! =)

Edited by EvAsion

Some elements doesn't have a border around them, perhaps you can fix it.

The border colours are intended. If you look at the bottom right there is a legend "Undiscovered, Synthetic, From decay, Primordial" The colours of the borders represent this legend. I suppose i could make the borders more visible/different colours. Edited by EvAsion

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the borders should have maybe some type of coloring to them. The fade concept is kinda hard to get real determination of the changes unless you know beforehand which is what. Better yet for that section of key add an icon to the table that shows the different origins. ie *=Prim #= decay and what not. THis way they can all have reguar borders and one can still find the origin basis easily from the main screen

Perhaps the borders should have maybe some type of coloring to them. The fade concept is kinda hard to get real determination of the changes unless you know beforehand which is what. Better yet for that section of key add an icon to the table that shows the different origins. ie *=Prim #= decay and what not. THis way they can all have reguar borders and one can still find the origin basis easily from the main screen

I've been working on this quite profusely for quite some time and i have actually already implemented this feature! Although i'm not going to release it until i finish everything that i've conceptualised. I've implemented alot of stoichiometry automation as well as more information ranging from boiling point to isotopes. Also a news system to get the latest in physics and chemistry news. Expect a massive overhaul of this project within the next month.