Run several installs contiguously

Hi Guys,

I'm new to scripting so if I seem ignorant it's my lack of knowledge on the subject.

I'm writing a simple script to that will call msiexec.exe, uninstall the appliation, then run msiexe.exe to re-install it. What I'm seeing is that the uninstall starts then the install tries to start while the unistall is still running, and msiexec complains about it. there are no windows so i cannot tell the script to wait until the window is closed/changed. Suggestions? Here is a snippet of what I have:

CODE
Run("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MsiExec.exe /X{2624B680-02BC-4CBC-839C-DA20DF6EF6EC} /q")

Run("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MsiExec.exe /i f:\citrix\client\10-2\ica32pkg.msi ENABLE_SSON=YES SERVER_LOCATION=HTTP://CITRIX-TEST DEFAULT_NDSCONTEXT=BLD500.CAMPUS.HNNCSB /qb")

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm new to scripting so if I seem ignorant it's my lack of knowledge on the subject.

I'm writing a simple script to that will call msiexec.exe, uninstall the appliation, then run msiexe.exe to re-install it. What I'm seeing is that the uninstall starts then the install tries to start while the unistall is still running, and msiexec complains about it. there are no windows so i cannot tell the script to wait until the window is closed/changed. Suggestions? Here is a snippet of what I have:

CODE
Run("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MsiExec.exe /X{2624B680-02BC-4CBC-839C-DA20DF6EF6EC} /q")

Run("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MsiExec.exe /i f:\citrix\client\10-2\ica32pkg.msi ENABLE_SSON=YES SERVER_LOCATION=HTTP://CITRIX-TEST DEFAULT_NDSCONTEXT=BLD500.CAMPUS.HNNCSB /qb")

Thanks

Welcome to the forums - In this instance, instead of Run(), take a look in the help file at the RunWait() command.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]