2 Questions: Gui spawned from Gui and disabling that parent Gui

Both questions pertain to the same scenario: I'm using a GuiCreate() to spawn a new window for the user to input parameters into the child gui and then when he clicks submit, the spawned gui passes those parameters back to the parent gui.

Question 1:

When the new gui is spawned, it brings up another Taskbar item. My question is when AutoIT form windows are spawned from others, is there a way to suppress the taskbar item from coming up so all of the taskbar items appear as just the main program one?

Question 2:

When that new gui is spawned from it's parent, is there an option I can change so that the parent gui goes to a "disabled" status until the new gui is cancelled or submitted? I'm not looking for code, just a push in the right direction. I examined the GUICreate() params and didn't see one that would afford me this.

TIA

Edited by thepip3r

My Additions:- RunAs AdminDeviant Fun:- Variable Sound Volume

Both questions pertain to the same scenario: I'm using a GuiCreate() to spawn a new window for the user to input parameters into the child gui and then when he clicks submit, the spawned gui passes those parameters back to the parent gui.

Question 1:

When the new gui is spawned, it brings up another Taskbar item. My question is when AutoIT form windows are spawned from others, is there a way to suppress the taskbar item from coming up so all of the taskbar items appear as just the main program one?

Question 2:

When that new gui is spawned from it's parent, is there an option I can change so that the parent gui goes to a "disabled" status until the new gui is cancelled or submitted? I'm not looking for code, just a push in the right direction. I examined the GUICreate() params and didn't see one that would afford me this.

TIA

Answer 1: Show me some code here so I can see what you are referring to as I cannot guess at how you wrote your child gui.

Answer 2: It depends on the "effect" you want the Parent gui to have. If you use disabled, it's still present but disabled. So, if you have a child gui sitting on top of the parent gui, it may distract from this. I generally like to hide the parent gui and unhide it when the child gui is closed.

GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $parentGUI)

When the child GUI is finished and deleted/removed, you bring it back up using:

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $parentGUI)

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

1) Give the child GUI the $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW ex.style, or, duh,

2) specify the main GUI as its parent as last option in child GuiCreate()

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

1) Give the child GUI the $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW ex.style, or, duh,

2) specify the main GUI as its parent as last option in child GuiCreate()

Basically, here's an example of what Siao is saying for your #1 question:

$parentGUI = GUICreate("Parent GUI",100,100)
$childGUI = GUICreate("Child GUI",100,100,-1,-1,-1,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$parentGUI)

On the #2 question, see my post above, using this example.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]