combo

any?

Not at all sure what you're saying so my guess is that when you set the height to 40 you get fewer items in the drop down list. Is that it?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Not at all sure what you're saying so my guess is that when you set the height to 40 you get fewer items in the drop down list. Is that it?

Yes Yes Yes =]

look the first post:

(i edit it..)

when i set the height to 40 i dont get items in the drop down list

Edited by Gillboss

Yes Yes Yes =]

look the first post:

(i edit it..)

when i set the height to 40 i dont get items in the drop down list

Basically the height setting for a combobox is used for the number of items displayed at once in the drop down list. It doesn't always work, or at least it doesn't work on some PCs; my laptop for example.

You could try this

$maxdrop = 5; set the maximum number of items which should be visible at a time in the drop down list
GUICtrlSendMsg($Members, $CB_SETMINVISIBLE, $maxdrop,0)

The name $CB_SETMINVISIBLE is misleading to my way of thinking.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

so how should my project seem?

Well I'm a little confused because although I seem to have guessed something correctly I'm not sure how now because I see that the 40 and 60 you mentioned were the widths not the heights. So are you saying that you want a combobox which is narrow but that when it drops down you want the drop down list to be wide enough to read everything, or are you saying you want the drop down to have at least 5 items?

If you want the drop down list to have at least 5 items then use the message I showed.

If you want to make the drop down wider that the combobox width then maybe the simplest way would be to use the drop down notification $CBN_DROPDOWN.

Edited by martin

yes the defaul work, but the first problem not..

Have you tried the GuiCtrlSendMsg in my earlier post?

what this command.. give example please =]

???

I gave it in post #5.

Just copy the 2 lines I gave to somewhere in your script after you have created the combo called $Members.

some1 have solution?

It works. In fact you don't need the send message bit at all. All 5 items are shown in the drop down list.

I therefore conclude that what you want to do is not what everyone is trying to help you to do, or something you are doing does not give what everyone else gets.

What version of AutoIt are you using?

Do you want the drop down list to show 5 items?

Please can you give a piece of code that shows your problem?

Please try to be more informative. Telling us it doesn't work is only the first step. Asking if anyone has a solution is useless when you have already been given a solution. Tell us exactly what you do get, why it's wrong, what you really want.

You have to give at least as much effort into being helped as the helpers give.

Tell us what happens when you run this

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI combo") 
$Members = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 200, 200, 40, 21)
GUICtrlSetData($Members, "2|3|4|5", "5")

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

It works. In fact you don't need the send message bit at all. All 5 items are shown in the drop down list.

I therefore conclude that what you want to do is not what everyone is trying to help you to do, or something you are doing does not give what everyone else gets.

What version of AutoIt are you using?

Do you want the drop down list to show 5 items?

Please can you give a piece of code that shows your problem?

Please try to be more informative. Telling us it doesn't work is only the first step. Asking if anyone has a solution is useless when you have already been given a solution. Tell us exactly what you do get, why it's wrong, what you really want.

You have to give at least as much effort into being helped as the helpers give.

Tell us what happens when you run this

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI combo") 
 $Members = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 200, 200, 40, 21)
 GUICtrlSetData($Members, "2|3|4|5", "5")

GUISetState()

While 1
     $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
 WEnd
yes work.. and i use the auto it week ago.. and yes 5 items.. but on my project it not work =S

i will try change things..

oh never mind ^^^

its not work:

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Members", 390, 360, 100, 20)
$Members = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 450, 360, 40, 21)
GUICtrlSetData($Members, "2|3|4|5", "5")oÝ÷ Ù©ÝÛ0¢¹

the "100" and the "50" on the GUICtrlCreateLabel("Members")....

ok its sloved =]

Thanks for all xD

Hurray, life will be much easier now :D