screenshot handling

I was looking into trying to manage some screen shots because when i'm in a game and i print the screen it saves it to the memory instead of to the hard drive. So what i want to do is read the image from the memory and write the data to a folder. I was working and i realized that the ClipGet ( ) only seems to handle text. So i was wondering what is the raw clipboard variable. Also i was wondering what file format windows writes the image to the memory as. Or if anyone has any other ideas on how to manage the screenshots i would be greatful :idiot:

~Dark

I was looking into trying to manage some screen shots because when i'm in a game and i print the screen it saves it to the memory instead of to the hard drive. So what i want to do is read the image from the memory and write the data to a folder. I was working and i realized that the ClipGet ( ) only seems to handle text. So i was wondering what is the raw clipboard variable. Also i was wondering what file format windows writes the image to the memory as. Or if anyone has any other ideas on how to manage the screenshots i would be greatful :idiot:

~Dark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know, AutoIt only supports text in the clipboard.

Search www.Nonags.com for "Clipboard". There are 90 free clipboard programs there and some handle anything in the clipboard. The first listing at Nonags is for http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html.

Edited to include the follwoing:

Actually, search Nonags for "Screen Capture". I think that will suit your needs better. One offering is MWSnap from http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/index.html, and I think it's what you are looking for.

Edited by phillip123adams

Phillip

I wrote a screenshot program using autoit about a year ago, if my memory serves me correctly Emmanuel helped me put the finishing touches on it.

I havnt seen Emmanuel active on these forums for ages.

Ill do a bit of digging to try and find the source for you,im sure its hidden deep in my ftp somewhere.

Edit:

I couldnt find my version in my ftp,it must be backed up on disk somewhere but I dont have the time to find it now

Heres Emmanuels version

Screenshot.au3

Edited by nova