UI automation

Hi,

I try to make automation to a window program that sits in control panel, i need to open the control panel from desktop, i used "Autoit window info" to find the items/buttons i need and found out that autoit can see Start menu button but can't see the setting item button and give me an ID for it.

I don't want to use coordination if it's possible. What can i do? when i can't write "ControlClick( "", "start", Item 2, "left", 1)" because item 2 is an error.

Thanks for helping

Of course that's an error. Regardless of what "Item 2" represents, that is not how you would enter it. It has no quotes around it if it is supposed to be a ClassNameNN. And it sure isn't a variable. So what exactly is it?

Read the help file for "Controls" and see how to properly use the function first.

Hello

I'm having a problem much like this trying

to get control of a web page button

but autoIT window info cant see the button

thanks in advance for any help

You should probably start a new topic for your issue instead of hijacking this one.

Of course that's an error. Regardless of what "Item 2" represents, that is not how you would enter it. It has no quotes around it if it is supposed to be a ClassNameNN. And it sure isn't a variable. So what exactly is it?

Read the help file for "Controls" and see how to properly use the function first.

Hi thanks for unswering.

As i sow in Controls help Autoit can get ID number, but in my case the ID of the butten Settings in Start menu is not only number it is "Item 2".

The Autoit can't see this ID because it can't see spasific buttens. what can i do?

Thanks.