TrayTip() flashes badly on Vista

Vista Ultimate x86 user over here. I loaded your script and i get nothing out of the ordinary it just blinks a bit and changes the Loop: NUMBER

Hmm

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

A search of the forum for +TrayTip +Vista will net you a wide variety of performance reports from no TrayTip at all to moderate flickering to intolerable flickering.

The help file clearly states:

TrayTip works for only Windows 2000/XP or better.

So Vista must not be better :-)

/sarcasm

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Well TrayTip was never meant to be constantly updated like you are trying to do. If you are trying to use it as a countdown or something that is constantly updated, you should probably look at using a notification window like these examples:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...l=msn+messenger

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ic=59959&hl

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ic=22603&hl

I'm running AutoIt 3.2.10.0 and help file says TrayTip is only for 2000/XP.

The help file says:

Meaning that it should work with operating systems (OS) released after XP.

The help file is saying that it should work with Vista and it does for some users.

Straight from the help file....

Function Reference

TrayTip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displays a balloon tip from the AutoIt Icon. (2000/XP only)

TrayTip ( "title", "text", timeout [, option] )

Parameters

title Text appears in bold at the top of the balloon tip. (63 characters maximum)

text Message the balloon tip will display. (255 characters maximum)

timeout A rough estimate of the time (in seconds) the balloon tip should be displayed. (Windows has a min and max of about 10-30 seconds but does not always honor a time in that range.)

option [optional] See Remarks. 0=No icon (default),

1=Info icon, 2=Warning icon, 3=Error icon

Return Value

None.

Remarks

A Tray tip will close if the AutoIt tray icon disappears. Consequently, the TrayTip may not appear if AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1) is set or if the user has disabled balloon tips via registry settings!

Windows XP usually plays a sound when displaying a balloon tip. This sound can be disabled by adding 16 to the options parameter or by setting an empty title.

To clear a balloon tip that is being displayed, call another tip with an empty text string (and any title).

Related

MsgBox, ToolTip, TrayIconHide (Option)

The tray tip works fine in Vista for me. The issue, from my perspective, is the flickering caused by a new GUI being drawn everytime you want to update the text. Thats why I suggested a notification popup where you can control the text via a GUICtrlLabel instead of redrawing the whole GUI.

Function Reference

TrayTip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displays a balloon tip from the AutoIt Icon. (2000/XP only)

Did you even look at the bolded part from what YOU posted, from the helpfile?

Look at the helpfile, under REMARKS.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I see that. I'm also telling you that help file also says it 2000/XP only.

Yes, let's beat the horse until it is dead.

I see the first line that you are quoting as a summary and as such it does not conflict with or contradict the more detailed info in the remarks section. Others may see it differently.

You will find the same format with MouseWheel. However, RunAsSet and WinSetTrans regurgitate the "or later" part in that summary line. So, we are two for two.

<click>