IE8

Heya,

Our company is testing out IE8 on many of our dev systems, just because it's something for us to do haha.

But, some randomness seems to occur when using _IE* Functions on IE8. Here's an example.

Let's say that i use $mycreatedREF = IECreate() function to create a hidden, non attached, non focused IE window. And now, let's say i read from that website with IEDOCREAD*(); and now lets say that i'm done with that particular read, and i want to destroy that created IE instance, so i use _IEQUIT($mycreatedREF). Now, on IE7 and below, it closes the newly created IE window, but with IE8 installed, it closes ALL instances of IE instead of the one created.

Devs may want to take note, cuz that could be quite problematic.

Anyone else seen this on any other versions of IE or ie8?

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

I haven't done any testing with IE8 yet. It is still very early in the cycle and there is very little documentation available. Hopefully they will think better of a default action like that in IE8 before release because it will break a lot of code out there, not just ours.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble