Select a windows tab

Hi,

I'm writing a script and have gotten most of the way thru it.

But now i'm stuck. How do I select a particular tab page when

several tabs are up in the window ?

Thanks for any help

Tim

Generally you can use

Ctrl TAB

eg

Send("^{TAB}")

If you're lucky this will change the window title so you know where you are.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks but CTRL TAB does not change the pages when I am in the app.

I suppose I could just move the mouse if I have to but it seems like there has to be

a way to select the Tab by it's title.

Don't know, but I've only just realised that I answered your first post so welcome to these forums!

If the Tab control is a standard SysTabControl32 then you can use the ControlCommand function. See the help.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

This may not work for you depending on what window you are talking about, but try this out as an example,

Run("rundll32.exe SHELL32.DLL,Control_RunDLL sysdm.cpl,@0,0")
Sleep(3000)
WinClose("System Properties")
Run("rundll32.exe SHELL32.DLL,Control_RunDLL sysdm.cpl,@0,4")
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Don't know, but I've only just realised that I answered your first post so welcome to these forums!

If the Tab control is a standard SysTabControl32 then you can use the ControlCommand function. See the help.

Thanks for the welcome - AUTOIT seems like a pretty cool tool, I only just discovered it yesterday.

How can I find out what the ControlID is ?

There's a tool provided with AutoIt; Au3Info.exe located in Program Files\AutoIt\Beta.