Can this be done?

C2C

Posted Image

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

Already using the ModernMenu.au3 but i cant seem to find the func that actually does the side image thing or its not even there hmmmm

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

If you are talking about the sidebar on the menu, I have not seen any functions that would create that.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The sidebar sort of im refering to that blue image on the right saying daemon tools pro

Yeah my other right :D

BUMPzor

Edited by C2C

BUMPzor

Bumping this topic won't help. The question has been asked before and I'm sure it was never resolved.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Bumping this topic won't help. The question has been asked before and I'm sure it was never resolved.

If you're not looking for perfection then I'm your man! (Or, according to some posts in these forums, I'm your woman!)

Here is an approach that might be worth playing with. It has a number of disadvantages as it is shown; it only works on the menu for another script or application; it will add the picture to every tray menu except the one for the script itself unless you can find some way to identify the right one. Also, if you click on the image then the menu will be removed again, but perhaps that is acceptable.

If you can find out how to get the handle to the scripts own tray menu, and intercept the popped up state notification, if there is such a thing, then you could apply it to the scripts own tray menu and improve it a lot.

#include <Constants.au3>
$hg = GUICreate("",20,150,0,@DesktopHeight,$WS_POPUP,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)
;$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic(..;put your picture here
GUISetBkColor(0,$hg);just so it's clearly seen with no picture
GUISetState()
GUISetState()
Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0); Script will not be paused when clicking the tray icon.
$zal = TrayCreateItem("Firewall: OFF")
$zalon = False
TrayCreateItem("")
$zipbk = TrayCreateItem("Backup: pending")
$zipisrun = True;
TrayCreateItem("")
$showlog = TrayCreateItem("view log")
$togo = '24H'
$SetToGo = ''
ConsoleWrite($zal & ', ' & Hex(ControlGetHandle($hG,'',$zal)) & @CRLF)
$tmfound = False
TraySetState()
While 1

Sleep(90)

If WinExists("[class:#32768]") And Not $tmfound Then

$wp = WinGetPos("[class:#32768]")
     If $wp[1] + $wp[3] > @DesktopHeight - 20 Then
         $tmfound = True
       ConsoleWrite($wp[0] & ', ' & $wp[1] & ', ' & $wp[2] & ', ' & $wp[3] & ', ' & $tmfound & @CRLF)

WinMove($hg,"",$wp[0] - 20,$wp[1],20,$wp[3])
    EndIf
    EndIf 
 If Not WinExists("[class:#32768]") And $tmfound Then
     $tmfound = False
     WinMove($hg,"",0,@DesktopHeight)
 EndIf

WEnd
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You my friend a man or a woman are a genius :D

Youve made my day :D

This has little to no program functioning value but im a sucker for eye candy so this means the world for me

THAAAANKS :D :D :)

You my friend a man or a woman are a genius :D

Youve made my day :D

This has little to no program functioning value but im a sucker for eye candy so this means the world for me

THAAAANKS :D :D :)

Glad you liked that.

One small improvement I thought of that you can make the effect apply to the script as well by using a timer. This example only works with beta, but the same thing can be done in the production version using dllcallback.au3.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <timers.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
Opt("OnExitFunc","_Leaving")
$hg = GUICreate("", 20, 150, 0, @DesktopHeight, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic("something.bmp", 0, 0, 20, 150);..;put your picture here
GUISetBkColor(0, $hg);just so it's clearly seen with no picture
GUISetState()
$zal = TrayCreateItem("Firewall: OFF")
$zalon = False
TrayCreateItem("")
$zipbk = TrayCreateItem("Backup: pending")
$zipisrun = True;
TrayCreateItem("")
$showlog = TrayCreateItem("view log")
$togo = '24H'
$SetToGo = ''
ConsoleWrite($zal & ', ' & Hex(ControlGetHandle($hg, '', $zal)) & @CRLF)
$tmfound = False
TraySetState()
_Timer_SetTimer($hg, 500, "checktm")
While 1

Sleep(90)

WEnd

Func checktm($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)
    If WinExists("[class:#32768]") And Not $tmfound Then

$tmfound = True
            ConsoleWrite($wp[0] & ', ' & $wp[1] & ', ' & $wp[2] & ', ' & $wp[3] & ', ' & $tmfound & @CRLF)

WinMove($hg, "", $wp[0] - 20, $wp[1], 20, $wp[3])
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If Not WinExists("[class:#32768]") And $tmfound Then
        $tmfound = False
        WinMove($hg, "", 0, @DesktopHeight)
    EndIf

EndFunc  ;==>checktm
Func _Leaving()
_Timer_KillAllTimers($hG)   

EndFunc

I still don't know how to identify the correct tray menu though.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I think i have an idea. PM'd you

I think i have an idea. PM'd you

Following your suggestion about using Tray events I've got this to work to a certain stage. It's done in a bit of a rush, and needs some work, but it's 1.30 am here so I'm off to bed. Anyway, it is supposed to only add the licture to the tray menu for the script. There must be a better way and maybe someone will tell us.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <timers.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>

Opt("OnExitFunc", "_Leaving")
Opt("mustDeclareVars", 1)
#Region options
Global $usebutton = 4;1=leftdown,2=leftup, 3= rightdown,4=rightup
Global $DoSlideOut = False;image slides out  to right
Global $MouseOutCloses = True;id mouse moves away from tray menu the menu closes
Global $PicWid = 32, $PicHt = 150;the picture size to show at the left of the tray menu
Global $GuiBG = 0;the colour of the background outside the picture if the picture isn't as high as the menu
Global $TrayPic = "something.bmp";the picture to show
#EndRegion options
Global $ty = 0
Global $hGui, $Pic, $zal, $sliding, $zipbk, $showlog, $wp, $TrayMenuFound
Global $UseButtonA, $UseButtonB

$hGui = GUICreate("", $PicWid, 150, 0, @DesktopHeight, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$Pic = GUICtrlCreatePic($TrayPic, 0, 0, $PicWid, $PicHt);..;put your picture here
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL)
GUISetBkColor($guiBG, $hGui);just so it's clearly seen with no picture
GUISetState()
Opt("TrayOnEventMode", 1)
$sliding = -1

$zal = TrayCreateItem("zFirewall: OFF")
TrayCreateItem("")
$zipbk = TrayCreateItem("zBackup: pending")
TrayCreateItem("")
$showlog = TrayCreateItem("zview log")
$TrayMenuFound = False
$UseButtonA = -6 - $usebutton
Switch $usebutton
    Case 1
        $UseButtonA = 1
        $UseButtonB = -8
    Case 2
        $UseButtonA = 2
        $UseButtonB = -7
    Case 3
        $UseButtonA = 8
        $UseButtonB = -10
    Case 4
        $UseButtonA = 16
        $UseButtonB = -9
EndSwitch
TraySetOnEvent($UseButtonB, "_MouseLeftUpOnTrayIcon")
TraySetState()
TraySetClick($UseButtonA)
_Timer_SetTimer($hGui, 100, "_CheckTrayMenus")

While 1

Sleep(40)

WEnd

Func _MouseLeftUpOnTrayIcon()

$ty = TimerInit()
EndFunc  ;==>_MouseLeftUpOnTrayIcon

Func _CheckTrayMenus($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)
    Local $mp, $debug1 = 0, $debug2 = 0, $gp
    Local $TimeSinceMouseOver = TimerDiff($ty)
    If $TimeSinceMouseOver > 1000 And Not $TrayMenuFound Then
        WinMove($hGui, "", 0, @DesktopHeight)
        $debug1 = 1
        Return
    EndIf

If $TrayMenuFound And WinExists("[class:#32768]") Then
        If $sliding > -1 And $DoSlideOut Then
            If $sliding < $PicWid Then
                $sliding += 2
                If $sliding > $PicWid Then $sliding = $PicWid

WinMove($hGui, "", $wp[0] - $sliding, $wp[1], $PicWid, $wp[3])
            EndIf
        EndIf
        $mp = MouseGetPos()

$gp = WinGetPos($hGui)
        If $wp[0] > $gp[0] + $gp[2] Then $TrayMenuFound = False

If $MouseOutCloses Then
            If Not _MouseOverMenu($mp, $wp) Then
                $TrayMenuFound = False
                $TrayMenuFound = False
                MouseMove($wp[0] - 1, $wp[1] + 10, 0)
                MouseClick("left")
                Sleep(50)
                MouseMove($mp[0], $mp[1], 0)

EndIf
        EndIf

EndIf

If WinExists("[class:#32768]") And Not $TrayMenuFound Then
            $TrayMenuFound = True
            If $DoSlideOut Then
                $sliding = 0
            Else
                $sliding = $PicWid
            EndIf

WinMove($hGui, "", $wp[0] - $sliding, $wp[1], $PicWid, $wp[3])

EndIf
    EndIf

If Not WinExists("[class:#32768]") And $TrayMenuFound Then
        $TrayMenuFound = False
        $sliding = -1
        WinMove($hGui, "", 0, @DesktopHeight)
    EndIf

EndFunc  ;==>_CheckTrayMenus

Func _Leaving()
    _Timer_KillAllTimers($hGui)

EndFunc  ;==>_Leaving

Func _MouseOverMenu($aM, $aw)
    If $aM[0] < $aw[0] - $PicWid Or $aM[0] > $aw[0] + $aw[2] Then Return False
    If $aM[1] < $aw[1] Or $aM[1] > $aw[1] + $aw[3] Then Return False
    Return True
EndFunc  ;==>_MouseOverMenu

EDIT: 28th April 2008. Improved and allowed for mouse button left or right, up or down to be used to bring up the tray menu, and fixed some problems. Allow to set whether or not mouse moving away from menu closes the menu.

Edited by martin