FileMove *.* with exceptions

Hi all

Im am working on a simple script that will copy all files from on directory to another (from the desktop).

For example for moving all .exe files I use:

FileMove(@DesktopDir & "\*.exe", @DesktopDir & "\Random\", 9)

However, I want to move all files except from shortcuts (.lnk) is there any simple way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance

why would it move shortcuts when you clearly commanded to move exe. tho moving the files could render some shortcuts invalid

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

FileMove(@DesktopDir & "\*.*", @DesktopDir & "\Random\", 9)

FileMove(@DesktopDir & "\Random\*.lnk", @DesktopDir, 9)

The stupidest solution (uh i mean simplest) is oftenly the best one

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

True, that works. However the icon layout will be totally messed up.

what do you mean

Depends how youre icons are being aranged on the desktop in the first place . But aligned to grid or auto arrange when you take everything away and then just put back the links they will still populate the first free places so I think no scattering should occur

Np bro. Glad you made it. I wish i came up with some more genius-ier :D solution but hey this works :D

Ring if ya need anything