Disable Remote Assistance

I have searched the internet and gotten some information on how to disable the Remote Assistance for my box. I want to run a script and if the Remote Access is ON I want it OFF - adding more security I think.

Now, I COULD go through the Control Panel, System item and find what I want. That is painful and, well, not very efficient.

BUT...... is there a way to do this easier? I found some references to REGISTRY hacks, that is good - but most do not fully turn off the remote stuff.

SO, has anyone another idea? Or am I missing something that would lead me to a resolution?

Thanks

E

I have searched the internet and gotten some information on how to disable the Remote Assistance for my box. I want to run a script and if the Remote Access is ON I want it OFF - adding more security I think.

Now, I COULD go through the Control Panel, System item and find what I want. That is painful and, well, not very efficient.

BUT...... is there a way to do this easier? I found some references to REGISTRY hacks, that is good - but most do not fully turn off the remote stuff.

SO, has anyone another idea? Or am I missing something that would lead me to a resolution?

Thanks

E

This is probably what you want.

;It disables "Allow Terminal Service Connections" if you don't have it, it will add it and set it as disabled.
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server", "AllowTSConnections", "REG_DWORD", "0")

This is probably what you want.

;It disables "Allow Terminal Service Connections" if you don't have it, it will add it and set it as disabled.
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server", "AllowTSConnections", "REG_DWORD", "0")oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×mébz÷­«b±ú+E騵àÞ²Kh¤*'ç-Í¢Ô^^Ë"²Ö§qäáË!¢é]v+nWzj-x,ËZǺÚ"µÍYÕÜ]J  ][ÝÒÑVWÓÐÐSÓPPÒSIÌLÔÖTÕSIÌLÐÝ[ÛÛÛÙ]  ÌLÐÛÛÛ ÌLÕZ[[Ù][ÝË    ][ÝÙ[ÝÕÑÙ][   ][ÝË  ][ÝÔQ×ÑÓÔ ][ÝË  ][ÝÌ  ][ÝÊ