Random lower case letter

flip209

I do not know if any would be interested in this but here it is...

CODE
$hex = Random(0x61, 0x7a,1);Pickes a random lower case letter

$hex2 = hex($hex, 2);converts the Decimal to Hex

$hexkey = Chr($hex);coverts the Decimal to Ascii that is the letter

MsgBox(0, ""," Hex: " & $hex2 &" Decimal: "&$hexe & " letter: " & $hexkey)

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

I have a great idea with this. Create a: CreateSerial() Function like this.

Func CreateSerial($_CharactersInSerial=16, $_IncludeLetters=1, $_IncludeNumbers=1, $_ExtraCharacters="", $_Divide=1, $_DivideEvery_Characters=4)

EndFunc

Info: $_CharactersinSerial, how many characters will be in it. $_IncludeLetters, 1= yes, 0= no. $_IncludeNumbers, 1=yes, 0=no. $_ExtraCharacters, all the extra characters, stringsplit by a "." so if you wanted to add, &^ to it, it would look like this: ^.& . $_Divide, 1=yes, divide the serial with a - , 0=no dont. $_DivideEvery_Characters, this is how many characters you will put a - for.

That would be a cool function to make with that!

That would be a good idea see that is why I like this fourm

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

I do not know if any would be interested in this but here it is...

CODE

Small, but actually very useful. Saved, because I generally put the entire alphabet in an array, which gets tiring to type out.

For the entire alphabet (Upper and Lower), use this:

Switch Random(1, 2, 1)
    Case 1
        $letter = StringUpper($hexkey)
    Case 2
        $letter = $hexkey
EndSwitch

MsgBox(0, "", $letter)

I know there are more efficient ways of doing it, but... eh... what was I saying?

There are actually hex codes that you can pick from... but there is a split of special characters in the middle.

$hex = Random(0x21, 0x7a,1);Pickes a random lower case letter

This does all numbers letters and special characters.

uhhh... Just do this

_StringRand(1,0x21,0x7a)

This function has been floating around the forum for a while now

Func _StringRand($length=20,$min=0x20,$max=0x7E)
    $string=''
    For $i=1 To $length
        $string&=Chr(Random($min,$max,1))
    Next
    return $string
EndFunc
Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

That would make one heck of a password generator. :D

That would make one heck of a password generator. :D

I use to generate/sychronize authentication keyfiles for a program I made for myself called "USBLock".

(Locks the computer for input, unlocking only when a specified USB Drive is attached. Once it is attached, the keyfile that was checked to be a match is generated and synchronized again - To prevent multiple 'keys' from being made)

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

I have a great idea with this. Create a: CreateSerial() Function like this.

Func CreateSerial($_CharactersInSerial=16, $_IncludeLetters=1, $_IncludeNumbers=1, $_ExtraCharacters="", $_Divide=1, $_DivideEvery_Characters=4)

EndFunc

Info: $_CharactersinSerial, how many characters will be in it. $_IncludeLetters, 1= yes, 0= no. $_IncludeNumbers, 1=yes, 0=no. $_ExtraCharacters, all the extra characters, stringsplit by a "." so if you wanted to add, &^ to it, it would look like this: ^.& . $_Divide, 1=yes, divide the serial with a - , 0=no dont. $_DivideEvery_Characters, this is how many characters you will put a - for.

That would be a cool function to make with that!

Done! (crosses arms and nods head)

Func _SerialGenerate($length=20, $seplength=4, $sepchar='-', $charset='ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789')
    $charset=StringSplit($charset,'')
    $sepi=1
    $serial=''
    For $i=1 To $length
        $serial&=$charset[Random(1,$charset[0],1)]
        If $sepi=$seplength And $i<$length Then
            $serial&=$sepchar
            $sepi=0
        EndIf
        $sepi+=1
    Next
    Return $serial
EndFunc
Edited by crashdemons

Nicely done....