--

AL3X

Hi, I have a cuestion. It is possible to create a GUI with.. an ProgressBar (for example). Then run another script, and set the ProgressBar of the first one using the second one?

Lots of ways it could be done.

ControlSetText could be used to change the text to the value for the progress bar in a label, and whenever the label text is changed the progress bar could be adjusted.

You could set a Hotkey in the gui for the progress bar for INCREASE and another for DECREASE, and use send with theother gui.

The way that is most flexible and fastest, if you are writing both scripts, is to send a message.

I did a similar thing as an example with messages. I'll have a look for it.

EDIT: This one shows how to do it. No progress bar but that can easily be arranged.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

But... This way my "main" script wont be able to do anything else...

I mean... I want to make a downloader, and I want to execute the "download func" in another script.

Example:

main.au3 > Main program

dl.au3 > Download function

I want to run main.au3 and then run dl.au3. I want dl.au3 to be able to retrive the output of wget and set it in the progressbar of main.au3

(I want to do all those thins because AU3 is not multithreading...:D )

Is it possible?

I probably don't understand. The example I gave a link for has 1 script which runs another so they are both running at the same time and as far as I can see it has the features you are asking for. You can do the same and make main.au3 run dl.au3 and while there both running they can pass information back and forth.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

And "main.au3" would be able to do something else while receiving the "progress" from dl.au3 ?

Well that means you didn't try the script I gave a link for.

If you did you would see that on the first script you can press a button to start a count. The other script will show the count going up. Then on the first script you can change the text in an input box or the number in another and everything you type in the input box is shown in the other script even though the counting is going on at the same time. It's only a simple demo but if that isn't what you want to do then I need a better understanding.

To run the example you need NomadMemory.au3 and the link to that is given in the post.