New project-help requested

if it will get you started then here is your chess board code.

;
GUICreate("Test GUI")
Global $xPos = 0, $yPos = 0, $sColor, $Row = 1
For $I = 1 To 64
   If Mod($Row, 2) <> 0 Then
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
         $sColor = 0xFFFFFF
      Else
         $sColor = 0x000000
      EndIf
   Else
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
         $sColor = 0x000000
      Else
         $sColor = 0xFFFFFF
      EndIf
   EndIf
   _GUI_CreateBox($xPos, $yPos, 50, 50, 1, $sColor)
   $xPos += 50
   If Mod($I, 8) = 0 Then
      $row += 1
      $xPos = 0
      $yPos += 50
   EndIf
Next
GUISetState()
While 1
   If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then Exit
Wend

Func _GUI_CreateBox($xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bHeight, $bThick = 1, $cFill = default, $cLine = 0x000000)
   Local $Fill, $Left, $Top, $Bottom, $Right
   If $cFill <> default Then
      $Fill = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bHeight)
      GUICtrlSetBkColor($Fill, $cFill)
   EndIf
   $Left = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart, $bThick, $bHeight + $bThick)
   $Top = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bThick)
   $Bottom = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart + $bHeight, $bWidth, $bThick)
   $Right = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart + $bWidth, $yStart, $bThick, $bHeight +$bThick)
   For $I = $Left to $Right
      GUICtrlSetBkColor($i, $cLine)
   Next
EndFunc  ;<==> _GUI_CreateBox()
;

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

For the board you might even prefer this one. You will have to extract the files from the attached zip to your script dir.

;
GUICreate("Test GUI", 400, 400)
Global $xPos = 0, $yPos = 0, $Row = 1, $sImage
For $I = 1 To 64
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
         $sImage = @ScriptDir & "\pine.jpg"
      Else
         $sImage = @ScriptDir & "\ash.jpg"
      EndIf
   Else
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
      Else
      EndIf
   EndIf
   _GUI_CreateImageBox($xPos, $yPos, 50, 50, $sImage, 2)
   $xPos += 50
   If Mod($I, 8) = 0 Then
      $row += 1
      $xPos = 0
      $yPos += 50
   EndIf
Next
GUISetState()
While 1
   If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then Exit
Wend

Func _GUI_CreateImageBox($xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bHeight, $bImage, $bThick = 1, $cLine = 0x000000)
   Local $I, $Left, $Top, $Bottom, $Right
   If Not FileExists($bImage) Then Return SetError(1)
   GUICtrlCreatePic($bImage, $xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bHeight)
   GUICtrlSetState(-1, 144)
   $Left = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart, $bThick, $bHeight + $bThick)
   $Top = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart, $bWidth, $bThick)
   $Bottom = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart, $yStart + $bHeight, $bWidth, $bThick)
   $Right = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $xStart + $bWidth, $yStart, $bThick, $bHeight +$bThick)
   For $I = $left To $Right
      GUICtrlSetBkColor($I, $cLine)
      GUICtrlSetState($I, 144)
   Next
EndFunc  ;<==> _GUI_CreateImageBox()
;

Edit:

Fixed a possible problem with $I in the function and changed the control states to disabled.

Wood_Imgs.zip

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

That's Awesome Geosoft. I really would love to see a chess game!

EDIT: Hey Geosoft, Would you mind explaining how you actually did the creation of it? This part:

For $I = 1 To 64
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
      Else
      EndIf
   Else
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
      Else
      EndIf
   EndIf
   _GUI_CreateImageBox($xPos, $yPos, 50, 50, $sImage)
   $xPos += 50
   If Mod($I, 8) = 0 Then
      $row += 1
      $xPos = 0
      $yPos += 50
   EndIf
Next

It seems really complicated although it might not be.

Edited by GunsAndRoses

That's Awesome Geosoft. I really would love to see a chess game!

EDIT: Hey Geosoft, Would you mind explaining how you actually did the creation of it? This part:

For $I = 1 To 64
   If Mod($Row, 2) <> 0 Then; It's an odd numbered Row
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then;It's an even numbered Column
      Else
      EndIf
   Else
      If Mod($I, 2) = 0 Then
      Else
      EndIf
   EndIf
   _GUI_CreateImageBox($xPos, $yPos, 50, 50, $sImage)
   $xPos += 50
   If Mod($I, 8) = 0 Then;;We reached the end of the row
      $row += 1;; Change the Row count
      $xPos = 0
      $yPos += 50;; Move to the next Row position
   EndIf
Next

It seems really complicated although it might not be.

I just commented the code you quoted.

BTW I'm just about to edit that function so check back on my previous reply in a minute or so.

George

Wow! I guess this chess idea is far from a new one, and it appears to have piqued some interest. Thanks to all those replying to my original inquiry, you have definitely given me a great starting point! I'll keep the forum updated with my progress. I have a interesting chess project in mind, and it may take a while to come to fruition.

Wow! I guess this chess idea is far from a new one, and it appears to have piqued some interest. Thanks to all those replying to my original inquiry, you have definitely given me a great starting point! I'll keep the forum updated with my progress. I have a interesting chess project in mind, and it may take a while to come to fruition.

No problem.

There are a lot of Chess images available for download that may help you some more.

George

Would that include images of chess peices? I would be interested in checking those out. Do you have a collection I could browse through?

I found many when I was Googling for a chess icon a few months back. I had the whole set as PNGs but it appears that I only kept 2 of them and I converted those to icons.

By the way, for a better view of that board, Change the GUI size to 600x600 and any reference to "50" becomes 75 as follows (I also changed the border width to 3)

;
_GUI_CreateImageBox($xPos, $yPos, 75, 75, $sImage, 3, $bdr)
$xPos += 75
If Mod($I, 8) = 0 Then
  $row += 1
  $xPos = 0
  $yPos += 75
EndIf
;
Edited by GEOSoft

George