Is there any way to avoid using father/son programs?

Is there some way to avoid using father/son programs while making an executable you don't want closed?

(a program [father] with another program [son] that runs with the father to make sure the father prgm is running, and runs the father when it isn't running)

example son:

#notrayicon
while 1
    while processexists("father.exe")
    sleep(100)
    wend
run("father.exe")
sleep(5000); to prevent multiple openings
wend
Edited by protoid

Is there some way to avoid using father/son programs while making an executable you don't want closed?

Could you explain that a little more? You want an AutoIt script to spawn a process that will continue after the script ends? Or...?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

i gues he wants a program that can't be killed by processkill or by the task manager :D

it can be closed- but it will just reopen :D

-too hard to make an uncloseable program

(btw: you can be mean and name the son svchost.exe)

Edited by protoid

Your previous topic was on disabling user intervention and now one on disabling users to close your program. I'm highly skeptical at this point of any good intent coming from a script doing either or (particularly) both of these.

To answer your question (I think). There is no AutoIt command (you're thinkig something like - Opt("ForceScriptToStayRunningAllTheTime",1) , I'm guessing) you can use so that the OS will prevent the proccess from closing when asked.

Your previous topic was on disabling user intervention and now one on disabling users to close your program. I'm highly skeptical at this point of any good intent coming from a script doing either or (particularly) both of these.

the first program disabled user input and displayed "eyes to the front please" on all of the computers in a computer lab for the duration of a presentation- this program kills all cmd windows opened, and deletes all of the user's batch files on startup

(i'm helping the sysadmin @ my school)

You could simply have a script that locks the mouse, then hides all the windows. If they do a Ctrl-alt-del, then have the process manager automatically close, then relock the mouse and keyboard. pretty strait forward.

the task manager is blocked- they use taskkill

If the proccess is ran as an administrator they should not have access to close it (as a normal user).

You should be able to do somthing with SetSecurityInformation() (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379588(VS.85).aspx) but this is more or less not an autoit related question as you phrase it.

There are some pointers here- http://it.gps678.com/29/6b0ba6267e981df8.html which has some followup links to MSDN pages that have demos ect.

I still dont like the sound of this

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win

Ok so that program is for a game right ok so uhm yeah thats for a game mkay and this one cant be shutdown he managed to disable the taskmanager ok whatelse oh yeah take this BANana and eat it :):D :D

EDIT: i was referring to protoid ofcourse

thanks for the link flip209

Edited by C2C

----------------------------------90% of teens today would die if Myspace,Bebo + FaceBook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.----------------------------------Code to win, 'till you die, 'till the compiler dies from your linesCode to win, take it all, just keep coding till you fallDay by day, codin' all the way, I'm not cavin' inLet another App begin, code to win