Link validation

Greetings,

i want to create a tool, that is able to validate weblinks and find broken links.

I have a lot of favorites saved in in a textfile, the tool should read the text file and then check if the link is working or not.

Sadly i can't find any command for this idea. I think it is not wokring with TCP or the _IE functions.

Can anybody give me a hint or just show me how to check if the following URL www.google.com is valid?

Best regards

Andre

• Moderators

Greetings,

i want to create a tool, that is able to validate weblinks and find broken links.

I have a lot of favorites saved in in a textfile, the tool should read the text file and then check if the link is working or not.

Sadly i can't find any command for this idea. I think it is not wokring with TCP or the _IE functions.

Can anybody give me a hint or just show me how to check if the following URL www.google.com is valid?

Best regards

Andre

ping()

ftp.au3

inetgetsource()

inetget()

IE*()

Yes, and even TCP()*

There are no "set" commands, you kind of have to "script" them yourself.

Each of the standard functions should have a return value and or error checking.

Check on how to use conditional statements such as If/Then | Select / EndSelect | Switch / EndSwitch from within the help file.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.