Start AutoIt script together with Windows?

Hi,

is it possible to launch a script together with Windows, so that it runs user-independently, i.e. always runs no matter which user is logged on?

I want to use it to control the volume on a PC so that people can't turn it up too loud...

Thanks

--WhiteAvenger

Thanks, that helped me a lot!

However, I have a problem: I had the idea of using the 1st method you suggested (the one in the FAQ) to make a script which automatically logs me in if I press a certain combination. However, using Send() doesn't seem to work in the Windows login screen. Is that a fault with my PC or a general error? And can I fix or work around it?

See here "CTRL ALT DEL"

CTRL ALT DEL is a low level keyboard hook that is interceptd by GINA (graphical identification and authentication) that is suppose to lock out things like key loggers and the like, so for that and NTLM authenticaiton (prompts on a secure webpage for example) you can't interact with those windows.

See here "CTRL ALT DEL"

CTRL ALT DEL is a low level keyboard hook that is interceptd by GINA (graphical identification and authentication) that is suppose to lock out things like key loggers and the like, so for that and NTLM authenticaiton (prompts on a secure webpage for example) you can't interact with those windows.

So basically, I can't use Send() in the welcome screen. Right?

So basically, I can't use Send() in the welcome screen. Right?

Right.

If you're not on a domain, there are options built into Windows to auto-logon a user, but it requires storing the password in plaintext in the registry...

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110