_IEFormImageClick problems when link click opens pop up

First off, let me describe the page I am seeing this problem with:

This is a form page generated by javascript. as usual its full of strange things, none of them have been a problem until this issue.

The only form on the page I am attempting to automate at uses an image labeled 'apply' with the name tag of 'action_apply'. You need to click this to 'apply' changes made to the page. After clicking it. A single pop up window appears. This pop up window is visible to the 'AutoIt Window Info' tool. It has only two options, [OK], and [CANCEL].

the image I am clicking on has the following html code.

<input type="image" align="middle" id="apply_btn" value="Apply" name="action_apply" src="Applications/ASTER/Graphics/img/button_apply.en.gif"/>

Now for my problem, when I use _IEFormImageClick() to click on this image, it seems to trigger it, calling up up the pop-up window. But freezes and never continues. And will only continue on if I manually click on the people up window and choose [OK] or [CANCEL].

Short example, the execution will pause at the _IEFormImageClick(...). Only if I close the pop up window by hand will it contine on to the consolewrite line.

# click submit image
_IEFormImageClick($oIE, "action_apply", "name", 0, 0) 

consolewrite("---> Image clicked..") 

... DO MORE STUFF ...

I have attached a small image of the pop up window.

any suggestions on how to get around this would be helpful.

Dewclaws

Please see example 2 for _IEAction in the helpfile.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble