Will pay for this script to be produced

Hi people,

Now having read an awful lot of posts to these kind of requests and I know that Im bound to have the following responses:

www.rentacoder.com

Or

Why don't you just learn it yourself?

I am learning Auto IT however not at the rate I'd hoped for and really need this completing as soon as possible.

So if there are any of you pro users out there that wish to help me with this please PM me with a quote.

Thanks in advance.

Production Process Outline

The goal for this project in its most basic form is to automate the resizing of a batch of photographs and the uploading of website files to an ftp.

Using an ftp, windows operating system and Adobe Photoshop automation droplets (I have already produced the Photoshop droplets I need)

The purpose is to resize the photographs for web optimisation. They will then be placed inside of a folder and have an xml file controlling their display within a pre-produced flash application that forms a portfolio micro website.

What are the main problems faced:

Extracting data from an initial email order and producing a folder structure on the ftp and local machine based on this information.

Once images have been uploaded by a customer, how does this action trigger the scripts to download them?

Collecting the images from the ftp and saving them onto a local machine for batch processing (resizing).

Editing an xml file to tell the flash application where the images are stored, how many there are and what their width and height is in pixels.

Uploading all of the files to the websites space and notify the customers via email that the site is ready.

Draft Plan (Please bare with me if this is not written using the correct technical spiel)

Firstly there must be a way of notifying the scripts that the customer has uploaded their images.

Can this be an email arriving to a designated inbox that triggers a script to start processing?

Ideal situation:

Once a payment has been confirmed the customer will be sent a link to our upload webpage.

Once they have reached the upload screen. They will be a requirement for them to upload all of their images. They will need to confirm that they have uploaded all of their images and are happy for the portfolio site to be created.

This 'confirm' button would then trigger a function/email which in turn is being waited upon by a looping script.

The trigger would need to have information gathered from the customers purchase (account number, email, full name, product type) within it that tells the script what folders to produce and where on the server the new customers images have been saved to.

Once the trigger device has set the script running, its first task will be to extract the customers information regarding the order and place this into an excel spreadsheet for reference purposes.

Then using this data it will create a set of folders on the local machine. This is where the images will be saved into from the ftp download.

Depending on what option the customer has chosen for the product (type of website template) the script will take a copy of that websites template files and paste them into the root of this new folder set.

The folder set will look like this:

Customers Account Number or Name (root folder)

|

--- images (folder containing all of the main and thumbnail images)

Xml (folder containing xml controller file)

Js (folder containing java script files)

Flashwall.swf (Determined by the option the customer selected in the xml file first

downloaded)

Index.html (sites landing page)

Swfobject (flash embedding script for the webpage)

Originals

Archive

The script then downloads all of the images into a root folder called originals this folder has a copy taken and saved into the archive folder. (In case there are any unforeseen editing issues)

It will also delete all the images from the ftp folder.

Then the script will then need to sort the original images based on their orientation into two folders with the Originals folder called landscape and portrait.

The script will then drop each of these folders onto an adobe Photoshop actions droplet.

This droplet will resize the images and save copies of the files back out to a folder called 'Images'

It will also save smaller thumbnails copies out into a folder called thumbs within the images folder.

The names of the files will be renamed starting from 1.jpg to however many files there are.

(maximum being 50)

The script will then update an xml file with all of the names and sizes of these files (Height and Width) and save the xml file in a folder called xml.

Preferably it will also need to randomize the order in which these xml lines are inputted so that all when viewed the images are not in two definite sections portrait and landscape but that they are mixed in together.

Once these processes have finished the script will need to take a verification check, that all files are present. Once this has passed the script will start to upload the files back to the customers folder on the ftp.

Once this process has been completed there will need to be a trigger that sends an email out to the customer (using customers email details stored in the excel file earlier) advising them of their new URL.

Finally a copy of the customers data on the local machine is saved to an external hard drive.

Thanks

Adam

Hi,

I have made a program for a website which allows resizing photos with a special dll and transfering then with FTP in au3 and that's works perfectly.

If the photos have to be get from an outlook message it needs a little adjustements for my program

I propose you to way :

- One is free , i will give you my source programm for resizing and transfering via FTP

- The other one is how would you pay for a developpement ?

Regards,

Hi,

I have made a program for a website which allows resizing photos with a special dll and transfering then with FTP in au3 and that's works perfectly.

If the photos have to be get from an outlook message it needs a little adjustements for my program

I propose you to way :

- One is free , i will give you my source programm for resizing and transfering via FTP

- The other one is how would you pay for a developement ?

Regards,

How would you propose?

Are you a member of any freelancing sites? oDesk.com, guru.com, rentacoder?

Or you could set it up as listing on ebay and make sure it's myself that wins the bid?

The images don't need to be extracted from an email.

I wanted an email that comes from my shop site (shopify.com) to trigger the scripts to start the process.

It's difficult for a freelancer to code something like this without have hands on access to the tools that will be automated (no, I'm not asking for access). It sounds like the underlying tasks to be automated are simple. How I woulld approach this is break down what needs to be automated.

Sounds like you need a 'monitoring' script that watches for incoming emails and triggers the actions.

You need to automate opening email attachments and perform a droplet on it and generate an xml file then upload?

We're more than happy to help with any input, but finding a coder to do the whole thing may be tough especially if it's remote.

This seems silly to me. The image resizing should be done server-side by PHP or ASP.

Example:

http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-3938.html

You could even use a pre-made PHP / Flash image gallery to do this all for you.

http://www.flashimagegallery.com/

You could setup user accounts and limit actions based on payment information.

Edited by weaponx