Cursor

Hi all,

I am in need some of help please.

I need to know how to make my script change cursor when the Window Handle (The top of a window is held) to the Move cursor (all four arrows are shown). I found Smoke_N's SetCursor however that permantlety changes it.

Thanks,

James

Not very efficient, but you would check for a $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN and call GUISetCursor(9) ; = SIZEALL,

plus on $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP setit back to Normal with GUISetCursor(0).

Edit: Don't bother, this only works when clicking within the GUI not the Titlebar itself :):-( But you get the idea.

Edited by DaRam

Not very efficient, :) but you would check for a $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN and call GUISetCursor(9) ; = SIZEALL,

plus on $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP setit back to Normal with GUISetCursor(0).

That won't work since GUISetCursor only change the cursor inside the window not in the title bar (or something), also $WM_MOVE should be used to check if the window is moving :(

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

almost working.. I'm posting it if you wanna dig the idea.. too tired to finish :

#Include <Misc.au3>
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}","QuitIt") 
$titlebarheight = 20
$pressed = False
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")

While 1
        If _IsPressed("01", $dll) Then 
            $pressed = true
            $mousepos = MouseGetPos()
            $handle = WinGetHandle("")
            $title = WinGetTitle("")
            $size = WinGetClientSize("")
            $pos = WinGetPos("")
            If StringCompare($title,"Program Manager") AND $mousepos[0] > $pos[0] AND $mousepos[0] < $pos[0]+$size[0] AND $mousepos[1] > $pos[1] AND $mousepos[1] < $pos[1]+$titlebarheight Then
                MouseMove($mousepos[0], $mousepos[1], 0)
                $loadcurs = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "LoadCursor", "hwnd", 0, 'int', 32512)
                $syscurs = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetSystemCursor", "int", $loadcurs[0], "int", 32646)                   
            EndIf
        EndIf
        If $pressed Then
            $loadcurs = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "LoadCursor", "hwnd", 0, 'int', 32646)
            $syscurs = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetSystemCursor", "int", $loadcurs[0], "int", 32512)
            $pressed = False
        EndIf
        Sleep(10)
WEnd

if your pointer is fucked up.. go to your Mouse config, pointer tab and clic OK to get the standard pointers back.

More solutions:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

;Global Const $HTCAPTION = 0x2

Global Const $OCR_ARROW = 32512
Global Const $OCR_SIZEALL = 32646

Global $flag = False
Global $DllHandle = DllOpen("user32.dll")

$hGui = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")

GUISetState()

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

DllClose($DllHandle)

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $iProc

$iProc = DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "DefWindowProc", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $Msg, "wparam", $wParam, "lparam", $lParam)
    $iProc = $iProc[0]

If ($iProc = $HTCAPTION) And (_IsPressed("01", $DllHandle) = 1) And ($flag = False) Then
        $flag = True
        _SetCursor($OCR_SIZEALL, $OCR_ARROW)
    ElseIf (_IsPressed("01", $DllHandle) = 0) And ($flag = True) Then
        $flag = False
        _SetCursor($OCR_ARROW, $OCR_SIZEALL)

DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "ShowCursor", "int", False)
        DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "ShowCursor", "int", True)
    EndIf

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

Func _SetCursor($sNewCursor, $sReplaceCursor)
    Local $hCursor = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "LoadCursor", "hwnd", 0, "int", $sNewCursor)
    $hCursor = $hCursor[0]
    DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "SetSystemCursor", "hwnd", $hCursor, "int", $sReplaceCursor)
    DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "DestroyCursor", "hwnd", $hCursor)
EndFunc
:)

I think the thread creator wanted it to work on any window "I need to know how to make my script change cursor when the Window Handle (The top of a window is held)". Your code works only within a GUI.. any idea to get it to work on any window?

Suggestion: get the position of each window with winlist and wingetpos functions and then use

Func _SetCursor($sNewCursor, $sReplaceCursor)
    Local $hCursor = DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "LoadCursor", "hwnd", 0, "int", $sNewCursor)
    $hCursor = $hCursor[0]
    DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "SetSystemCursor", "hwnd", $hCursor, "int", $sReplaceCursor)
    DllCall($DllHandle, "int", "DestroyCursor", "hwnd", $hCursor)
EndFunc

when the cursor is on the first 10px of the window and switch back again when it is out of the 10 px

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

is ti working ?

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

OK :)