Detecting file changes in a directory

Is there going to be an SQLite database already established, or is it going to be created for the directory watcher? I am wondering if I should have the directory watcher create the database on first run, or if it can't find the database to just create a new one.

I've already got a DB file, so let's have the watcher fail and exit if the database can't be found or written to.

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

I see that you looked at ptrex and arker's attempts at monitoring directories using WMI calls. I don't like the WMI method because it is not instantaneous. You should check out this thread though, we found a better method for detecting file changes that used Win32 API calls. If you are already going to run this on the server side anyway, then you could simply modify _DisplayFileMessages() (code from my post in the above mentioned thread) to update the database as necessary. Actually, if you tell me how you've constructed your SQL tables I can whip up a solution with SQLite pretty quickly. Just a thought if you want to stay with a purely AutoIt solution.

OK, will do. The only thing that I have left to do is start building the section for the database handling.

Also, to get more detail about the SQLite database, could you zip that and upload it so that I can start working with it to make sure that everything works alright with it.

If you don't want to post it in the forum, you can send it to me in a PM.

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

• 2 months later...