Recovering my Passphrase :(

mabsey

Well a friend wanted to see what I had done, so I converted my script to an EXE, put on a passphrase and sent it to him and then continued working on the original AU3. The thing is, I've broke my AU3 script badly and can't get it back, and I've forgotten my Passphrase on the file I sent my friend. The EXE I have is the only way I can go back to a working version.

Is there anyway I can recover the file?

I can send my AU3 script now and the Executable.

Thanks

Masbey

• Administrators

Well a friend wanted to see what I had done, so I converted my script to an EXE, put on a passphrase and sent it to him and then continued working on the original AU3. The thing is, I've broke my AU3 script badly and can't get it back, and I've forgotten my Passphrase on the file I sent my friend. The EXE I have is the only way I can go back to a working version.

Is there anyway I can recover the file?

I can send my AU3 script now and the Executable.

Thanks

Masbey

You can Pm me the exe and I can see if I can decompile it. But you need to tell me something about the source code so that when I look at it I am comfortable that you wrote it and aren't just trying to decompile someone elses work.

You can Pm me the exe and I can see if I can decompile it.  But you need to tell me something about the source code so that when I look at it I am comfortable that you wrote it and aren't just trying to decompile someone elses work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Jon,

I've sent the file.

Have a great new year.

Masbey

• Administrators

Exactly,... how secure are these Autoit Executables?

Did you write the encryption alg your self Jon?

Fairly.

They are compressed and then encrypted which makes it pretty difficult to reverse engineer (i'd never be able to do it). But I doubt that's how someone would attempt it anyway :idiot: