Starting with AutoIt

Hello,

I'm just starting with AutoIt, and I'd like to automize some tasks. I've just read the 3 tutorials.

I'd like to open a internet window, go to a site and copy/paste the last topic of a forum into a .txt.

I think I know how to open a internet window, using the function run : Run(C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe).

Now how to select the site where you put the url and write the url I want ?

Afterwards, how to make the mouse move and select a url that is on the site ?

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm just starting with AutoIt, and I'd like to automize some tasks. I've just read the 3 tutorials.

I'd like to open a internet window, go to a site and copy/paste the last topic of a forum into a .txt.

I think I know how to open a internet window, using the function run : Run(C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe).

Now how to select the site where you put the url and write the url I want ?

Afterwards, how to make the mouse move and select a url that is on the site ?

Thanks for your help.

Check out the IE functions in the helpfile (under the UDF section), then study the examples.

If you do it like this you can even have a script surfing around on the internet in the background :)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I'm sorry, I havent understood where to look. Are you talking about this page : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ ?

Besides, I'd actually prefer to use mozilla, does the help files you're talking about also work for firefox ?

No they only works with ie, and the help file comes with autoit, look under program\Autoit V3\Autoit Help File :)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

There's no cost for an example :)

#Include<IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate ("http://autoitscript.com")
_IELoadWait ($oIE)

another questions, let's read the help file first, i'm sure you'll come back with a specific question :( and sure, you'll be helped

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

(while reading the help files)

can't we adapt them to firefox ?

yes, we can't ... until someone wrote <FireFox.au3> :)

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I know it might be a little hard for a first program, but i'd really like to use firefox. Can you tell me how to access to the url bar ? (I think there's a shortcut for that, at least there's a shortcut for that with ie).

Edited by Elishac

This really helped me develope my new script it shows you basically how variables and other sorts of things function in Autoit 3

comis autoit v3 tutorial

Edited by TnTProductions

"FREEDOM is not FREE""Its a good thing war is so terrible, or we grow too fond of it" -Robert E. Lee[quote]Firestrom: global $warming = False[/quote]My scripts:Desktop Cleaner---->Total Downloads:167;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;111111;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;"a wise man once said why use your skills when we have technology"

I know it might be a little hard for a first program, but i'd really like to use firefox. Can you tell me how to access to the url bar ? (I think there's a shortcut for that, at least there's a shortcut for that with ie).

You could ControlSend() the keyboard short cut "{F6}" to the Firefox window.

There is not likely to be a Firefox.au3 any time soon. The Mozilla products are based on an entirely different security model that does not open up it's APIs to use by other processes. Firefox is Open Source, and you could add a plug-in that would expose those APIs through a COM interface, but it's not worth it to most people to open the security hole.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

This really helped me develope my new script it shows you basically how variables and other sorts of things function in Autoit 3

comis autoit v3 tutorial

Nothing worse than giving wrong information to a new person. On that link/tutorial:

MsgBox(64,"", "This is a rather _
long line, so _
I broke it with the _
underscore, _, char_
acter.")
Is incorrect, I didn't bother to go past that.

The correct method would be:

MsgBox(64,"", "This is a rather " & _
    "long line, so " & _
    "I broke it with the " & _
    "underscore, _, char" & _
    "acter.")

Edit:

This is a fairly good tutorial written a while back by LxP: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=19434&hl=

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Do you have an idea how I could press a link on firefox ?

There are no real FireFox udfs that are worth anything really. Utilize the IE.au3 udfs in the help file for web automation.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I understood that. But i'd like to try some easy tasks with firefox anyway. Can you please help me ?

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear if you didn't understand.

Use the IE* functions, as there are really no reliable methods to use with firefox.

Edit:

Maybe you could make one: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Main_Page

Edited by SmOke_N

"Use the IE* functions" : do you mean it's possible that some IE functions work with firefox ?

I'm sure there should be a way to click on a link, at least either by using the tabulation or the mouse click.

I'd like someone to help me with my issue, you surely do know more things that I do about autoit possibilites, so please help me.

"Use the IE* functions" : do you mean it's possible that some IE functions work with firefox ?

No, you cant use IE functions in Firefox.

I'm sure there should be a way to click on a link, at least either by using the tabulation or the mouse click.

I'd like someone to help me with my issue, you surely do know more things that I do about autoit possibilites, so please help me.

Ofcource that would be possible, use Send()/MouseClick() or ControlSend()/ControlClick() but that would be extremely mush worse that using the IE functions.

except these 2 ideas (mouse click and tabulation), do you have an idea how to go to a link on firefox, using some autoit functions ?

Besides, do you see a way to :

- get what is written on the bottom and on the left of the firefox window (where the url appears) ?

- know if something is some text is selected ? I want to use the ctrl+F to search for a word, but afterwards, how can I see what is selected (I'd want to click the link right above that word) Is there a function or any other way to get the mouse to the selected text ?

Edited by Elishac