Always show tray icon?

the script icon is always there, unless you put #NoTrayicon in your script

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

in Windows Vista and XP... there is an option on Taskbar... if you right click Tray area... "Customize Notification Icons"

If you do not go in there and choose "Show" then it will default to "Hide when inactive"... meaning your icon will disappear after a while and not be visible on the taskbar unless you expand the taskbar.

However, I would like to keep the icon visible on the taskbar at all times. Is the possible?

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer","EnableAutoTray",REG_DWORD,0)

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer","EnableAutoTray",REG_DWORD,0)
thanks, haven't tried that.. but it seems like it would be a global option, right? I like (require) the hiding of icons... just not hiding my scripts' icons :) Of course I can configure mine manually, but when the installer runs on the other computer I would like it configured there too..

so if this can be done with autoit... or through NSIS then I would like to know.

Edited by ycomp

my script change the default option in the Registry, from "hide when inactive" to "do not hide when inactive", so all the icons on the taskbar won't be hide even they're inactive ones

Please, run the script before posting !

hi, what I am saying is... I do not want to change the default behaviour for windows applications. I really need the hiding feature left in place. Also to change it (globally) on a user's system would be crossing a line that should never be crossed (hijacking their system for the benefit of the app)

What I want to change is for some of my scripts, that are important, to have the icon always showing. And I was wondering how to do it.

Edited by ycomp

You could do sth like this, so it gets acivated every second:

AdlibEnable("_ShowTray",1000)
Func _ShowTray()
    TraySetIcon()
EndFunc

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

is there a way to call TraySetIcon() to display the current Icon? I think from reading the help, it will change the current icon back to whatever the app's default icon is. I change my icons often.

while 1
sleep(time you want)
Wend

seems like nobody who is answering actually understands what you want (see above) lol.

Why can't it be hidden? If you're using a tray tip or something, won't that pop up either way?

seems like nobody who is answering actually understands what you want (see above) lol.

Why can't it be hidden? If you're using a tray tip or something, won't that pop up either way?

well Andy answered the question.. I thought I had described it quite well and then clarified it very well. But I forgot that people use Windows on non-English systems as well :) .. I was quoting exact Windows Strings from dialogs and menus.

Well they are important (for user) tray icons, so hunting around for them when they are hidden is not desirable. However, windows doesn't always recognized they are important. That is, the user may not actually be using them for some time.. but when he needs to access the tray icon (script's) menu, he should be able to click it. Also, it is hard to tell if it is running if it is buried somwhere.

As I said, it is great behaviour usually... I don't want many of the apps I use visible. However, these particular scripts need "always visible" behaviour.