IE freezing up while loading using _IECreate()

Hi gang,

I have a simple script (it's really just so that I can play with and learn the functionality of the IE.au3 stuff)

The script works just as I would expect if I already have an Internet Explorer window open....

The script opens up a new Explorer window and inputs the URL "https://www.google.com" and it loads right up.

The problem is when I don't have an existing Explorer window open BEFORE I run the script, the script seems to call Internet Explorer and try to open it but then it locks up or hangs and will never go to URL as it does when another Explorer window is already open. It freezes there and the only thing I can do to close the non-responding Explorer window is to CTR+ALT+DEL to bring up the task manager and kill it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

test.au3

And version of Windows? A zombie iexplore.exe can cause this sort of symptom... check task manager and insure they are all gone or reboot and see oif the issue persists.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

And version of Windows? A zombie iexplore.exe can cause this sort of symptom... check task manager and insure they are all gone or reboot and see oif the issue persists.

Dale

I'm using Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2

I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

I'm using Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2

I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

...and did you verify there were no zombie IE processes still running?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

...and did you verify there were no zombie IE processes still running?

:)

When you say "zombie IE processes" are you referring to the processes listed in the windows task manager?

If you are, I don't see any more than one instance of explorer running.

If i run the script with one instance of "iexplore.exe" listed in the task manger prior to running the script it works just fine.

If i run the script with no instances of "iexplore.exe" listed in the task manager, it appears to freeze up when it loads Iexplore.exe

I can't think of a standard reason for this to occur. Could be caused by an IE plugin or toolbar or something else unique you have on your system. It could also be some other odd interaction, so strongly suggest a reboot. You could also try another machine or a new account on your machine. Again, reboot is my #1 suggestion.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble