Au3IrrLicht

A. Percy

After read and test a lot of script, decide to use GDI+.

Start from here, and modify to load

multiple images over a gui, with pseudo movements on screen.

Effect is nice but need some hard work.

I want to learn how draw rectancles with texture using Au3IrrLicht, but

i think it's built for game and not for replace AI draw capabilities.

thank you all for your time,

m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A.Percy

How to delite animated node from game memory os anything like that? I know that you can use SetVisible( NodePtr, IsVisible ) to hide it, only problem that i have is if i load too many nodes my game run slover or adding any new node to it it make it even more slower, hiding all of them still doesnt help. If im not wrong the same thing happend to me when i try adding alot of AddImage in the past (tryed to do img ower img to simulate hp >_< before i start to use gui).

i think that i neeed this, only problem is that i dont see it in help file, any replacement for this commands or something simular?

virtual void remove ()

Removes this scene node from the scene, deleting it.

virtual void removeAll ()

Removes all children of this scene node.

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

A.Percy

How to delite animated node from game memory os anything like that? I know that you can use SetVisible( NodePtr, IsVisible ) to hide it, only problem that i have is if i load too many nodes my game run slover or adding any new node to it it make it even more slower, hiding all of them still doesnt help. If im not wrong the same thing happend to me when i try adding alot of AddImage in the past (tryed to do img ower img to simulate hp :( before i start to use gui).

i think that i neeed this, only problem is that i dont see it in help file, any replacement for this commands or something simular?

I made this function (RemoveNode), but it didn't working properly, so I removed it. I'll work this week to ressurrect it.

>_<

Edited by A. Percy

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator[center]VW Bug user[/center]Pinheiral (Pinewood) city: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

New version released.

http://www.box.net/shared/qaiamxssat

Now you can remove nodes. Use: Remove( $Node )

Limitation: It crashes with octree scene nodes.

>_<

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator[center]VW Bug user[/center]Pinheiral (Pinewood) city: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

i tested it with animated node and it works fine, well its more then fine, added and delited 10.000 times node and no slowing down >_<

#include <IrrlichtPluginUtils.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
AutoItSetOption( "TrayIconHide", 1 )
Opt( "WinTitleMatchMode", 3 )
CreateDevice( $EDT_OPENGL, 640, 480, 16, 0, 0, 0 )
SetWindowCaption( "My first IrrLicht Scene" )
$Light = AddLightSceneNode( 0, 2000, 2000, 0, 1, 1, 1, 10000 )
$Camera = AddCameraSceneNodeFPS( 0, 100, 200, 1, 0.8 )
SetPosition( $Camera, 50, 25, 50 )
SetTarget( $Camera, 0, 25, 0 )
$ModelsDir = @ScriptDir & "\Models\"
$CharMesh1 = GetMesh( $ModelsDir & "DarthVader\tris.md2" )
$CharWeaponMesh = GetMesh( $ModelsDir & "DarthVader\weapon.md2" )
$CharMesh2 = GetMesh( $ModelsDir & "SWITCH\SWITCH.md2" )
$CharMesh3 = GetMesh( $ModelsDir & "TRIPLANE.3DS" )
$Node = AddAnimatedMeshSceneNode( $CharMesh1 )
$NodeWeapon = AddAnimatedMeshSceneNode( $CharWeaponMesh )
AddChild( $Node, $NodeWeapon )

$x = 0
While IrrRun( )
    BeginScene( true, true, 255, 100, 100, 100 )
    SceneDraw( )
    ToolTip ( $x , 0 , 0 )
    $01 = _IsPressed("01")
    $02 = _IsPressed("02")
    $03 = _IsPressed("04")
    If $01 = 1 Then; while button down to delite and add
        $x = $x+1
        Remove( $Node )
        $Node = AddAnimatedMeshSceneNode( $CharMesh1 )
    EndIf
    If $02 = 1 Then; while button down to delite and add
        $x = $x+1
        Remove( $Node )
        $Node = AddAnimatedMeshSceneNode( $CharMesh2 )
    EndIf
    If $03 = 1 Then; while button down to delite and add
        $x = $x+1
        Remove( $Node )
        $Node = AddAnimatedMeshSceneNode( $CharMesh3 )
    EndIf
    GuiDraw( )
    EndScene( )
Wend

ty a.percy

One question about limitation so that i can understand what shud i not try to do, if i use on animated node CreateCollisionResponseAnimator and after that 'Remove($Node)' it will not work?, or 'Remove($Node)' will work and it will not work if i try deliting '$MapNode = AddOctTreeSceneNode( $MapMesh )' with 'Remove($MapNode)' and then it will crash?

Edited: i get 100% no error only when AddChild on main node (that is when i load another object after main node and adding child is only mented to remove it with main node, and not to get error)

Creating and deliting clean node dont work for me.

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I whas thinking to do alot of invisibl (thans) squares on the ground around char and then to use them to finde mouse click location from that square node (click to move), only problem is that my ground must b flat all the way. If im not wrong i seen on irrlicht forum and on some examples that they have command for something like that that directly take coordinates from ground.

A. Percy is that command in help file and i did not seen it, if not- did you planed to implant something like that any time soon?

I whas thinking to do alot of invisibl (thans) squares on the ground around char and then to use them to finde mouse click location from that square node (click to move), only problem is that my ground must b flat all the way. If im not wrong i seen on irrlicht forum and on some examples that they have command for something like that that directly take coordinates from ground.

A. Percy is that command in help file and i did not seen it, if not- did you planed to implant something like that any time soon?

Ok! :)

• 2 weeks later...

alt+f4 works well as is.

You can just add the hotkey to your application like you normally would.

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Func Terminate()
 Exit 0
EndFunc

Nice and easy, straight from the helpfile. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Oh man! I can't wait to get home and start learning this. While I am still pretty green, hands-on is the best way to learn and so far auto-it has been very easy to learn. I can't wait to start getting some of these ideas out of my head and in reality.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

sry JRowe 4 replying this late to your posts (dident had alot of free time after new eyar :evil: ) i know that problem whas on my side and that is why i whas looking 4 other solutions.

My problem whas that i dident understand what is happening to animation when i call command emat_run, now after i whas on irrlicht forum and spended any free time that i had i think that i understand, every command have specific valye in it (first and last frame, start and end frame)

i didnt find any explanation in help file from Au3IrrLicht, and that is why i didnt understand what it mented (probably it is in help file but i did not see it ;) )

This is from MD2 Animation Type List that i finaly located on irr forum that explainds what i dident understand

from frame 0   to frame 39  tootal frames per a command (40 frames)  command EMAT_STAND 
from frame 40  to frame 45  tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_RUN 
from frame 46  to frame 53  tootal frames per a command (08 frames)  command EMAT_ATTACK 
from frame 54  to frame 57  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_A 
from frame 58  to frame 61  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_B 
from frame 62  to frame 65  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_C 
from frame 66  to frame 71  tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_JUMP 
from frame 72  to frame 83  tootal frames per a command (12 frames)  command EMAT_FLIP 
from frame 84  to frame 94  tootal frames per a command (11 frames)  command EMAT_SALUTE 
from frame 95  to frame 111 tootal frames per a command (17 frames)  command EMAT_FALLBACK 
from frame 112 to frame 122 tootal frames per a command (11 frames)  command EMAT_WAVE 
from frame 123 to frame 134 tootal frames per a command (12 frames)  command EMAT_POINT 
from frame 135 to frame 153 tootal frames per a command (19 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_STAND 
from frame 154 to frame 159 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_WALK 
from frame 160 to frame 168 tootal frames per a command (09 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_ATTACK 
from frame 169 to frame 172 tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_PAIN 
from frame 173 to frame 177 tootal frames per a command (05 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_DEATH 
from frame 178 to frame 183 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLBACK 
from frame 184 to frame 189 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLFORWARD 
from frame 190 to frame 197 tootal frames per a command (08 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLBACKSLOW 
from frame 198 to frame 198 tootal frames per a command (01 frames)  command EMAT_BOOM 

tootal of 199 frames from one animation

at the moment im using free misfit modeler , program is small and nice, bone to frame animation with one click after that from mm3d (that can save bone animation) so that you dont lose them when exporting to md2 becose that format dont save bones, easy to understand.

When i have more time im hopeing to make my first steps in Au3IrrLicht world :evil:

looking forward 4 next update, cant wait :idea:

edit: for my first steps in Au3IrrLicht world heare is how it look like for now

new edit: soon i hope that il have some fighting with that mob :)

new edit: at the moment mob is walking on its own and if you get too neare him he will start closing in on you and hiting you with his head when he get you, i still have to work on hp for the mob and the char and i still need to join two scripts that r used (one for game other for gui suport) in one and to make new one that will controll all mobs on the ground , their animation and hp.

After that i hope that i can finaly post whole script as an example. Free models for testing used from http://artist-3d.com/ and http://www.turbosquid.com/

Posted Image

Posted Image

How is this project going? I was hoping you would post it so I could try it, look at the script and learn some things from it!

@A.Percy

I do hope this project is still going strong! I am happay to have found a scripting software that is easy to work with and can support 3d! While I have a lot of learning to do and a lot of working with making 3d models, I have started a project that I hope will be a small online type RPG.

How is this project going? I was hoping you would post it so I could try it, look at the script and learn some things from it!

This post has been edited by bogQ: 13 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

So as y can see i edited that post two days ago and xxxxx what is finished.

If you need more info

Its gooing slow, first i tryed with one mob and it worked, but now im trying with 30-50 mobs and i have some problems on their position when they detect me and start attack :/ (the problem is that they attack me all from the same position and im curently working to set the limit on attacking mob number, and to reserve one spot for one mob so that they cant attack me from the same spot) i still have alot to do with HP MP on the char + animation and to locate where did i put mu char unde 90 degrees as his start position and to fix that. After that itl probably b ready for posting whall script as an example.

if you need older ss

Just to inform the fans ( ;) ), the project is not dead, just hibernated for a short time while I fix some personal pendencies.

Just to inform the fans ( ;) ), the project is not dead, just hibernated for a short time while I fix some personal pendencies.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling you are going to become my new best friend as I get into the graphics of my project :evil:

It could be a while still though because I am just learning 3ds max (I hope it has an output compatible with this)

Umm, something is missing in my AutoIt Installation i think. When I try to start an au3irrlicht Demo, the programm returns

CreateDevice( $EDT_DIRECT3D8, 800, 600, 32, 0, 0, 0 )

^ ERROR

Error: Unknown function name.

Any ideas?

make sure the IrrlichtPluginUtils.au3 file is in the correct folder. (I can't remember the scripts off hand but if the examples have just #include<IrrlichtPluginUtils.au3> at the top, then the file needs to go into the plugin folder where you installed autoit.