howdoi check if website sub-directory exists

i dont think InetGet can check if a sub-directory exists, any suggestions on how i can do this?

ie. http://www.blahblah.com/1532 (check if dirctory 1532 exists). thanks!

Directory browsing is a tightly controlled permission on a web server. You would have to be accessing it with credentials that had been granted that permission.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I would bypass this problem by creating a little tool that tests it.. using another language (and running that exe with your script):

in PHP

in ASP

in C++

this tool would for example write a temporary text file that your autoit script would read...

I don't know..maybe it's possible with Autoit.. just giving you hints.

(or opening system.dll and using this)

Edited by MikeP

Nevermind.. I found a super easy trick !

check this :

#include <INet.au3>
ConsoleWrite(_INetGetSource('www.autoitscript.com/autoit3'))oÝ÷ ٩ݶ¼­+ºÚ"µÍÚ[ÛYH ÒS]]LÉÝÂÛÛÛÛUÜ]JÒS]Ù]ÛÝÙJ ÌÎNÝÝÝË]]Ú]ØÜÛÛKØZZ ÌÎNÊJ

this returns the source code of the page (here it's send to the console in autoit) ... just put this in a variable and check the text between <title></title> .. when the page (directory..) doesn't exist it's "AutoItScript Error" .. otherwise it's the actual title of the HTML page.

If you can't code it I will.

i purchased an ebook from this webby, and was a little gutted to that it was stored in a /4 digit (unrestricted directory). same website just released another product so thought i'd try my luck at bruting the 4 digits. thanks for replys you guys, i will look into them, although i had no joy with the brute, :) oh well

#include <INet.au3>
$i = 1
$i_stop = 9999
While 1
    ToolTip($i, 0, 105)
    $data = StringLen(_INetGetSource('http://www.xxxxxxx.com/' & $i))
    ;MsgBox(0, "", $data)
    ; 385 was the char len for a 404
    If $data > 390 Then
        MsgBox(0, "", $i)
    EndIf
    $i += 1
    If $i > $i_stop Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

i dont think InetGet can check if a sub-directory exists, any suggestions on how i can do this?

ie. http://www.blahblah.com/1532 (check if dirctory 1532 exists). thanks!

Like was previously suggested, you would more than likely have to use a PHP script to check that site (appears to be using apache / php). Something similar to:

CODE

$ch = curl_init();

$url = "insert your url here";

$var = @file_get_contents($url);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $var);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 30);

curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

if ($var != false)

{

"Do Something - perhaps write a local file that can be read by your script"

}

else

{

return false;

}

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]