Usage, Speed, and Resources

Most of the time I don't use my own custom includes. However, I'm curious if anyone has compiled and tested the usage, speed, and resource results from scripts that house functions already in them or those that call functions from includes.

As an example:

I have a very large script file that contains 3 sections of functions. One section is approximately 55 functions. The next contains 16 functions and the last contains 12 functions. All 3 are separate and distinct sections that apply to how the script is "used".

I thought about removing the sections and creating 3 custom includes so that I could define and separate them and manage them a bit easier. However, will this have a negative impact on my program's performance? Are there any hard coded tests that have been done that can give me an idea of whether or not I would see any significant performance hit?

Thanks in advance.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Most of the time I don't use my own custom includes. However, I'm curious if anyone has compiled and tested the usage, speed, and resource results from scripts that house functions already in them or those that call functions from includes.

As an example:

I have a very large script file that contains 3 sections of functions. One section is approximately 55 functions. The next contains 16 functions and the last contains 12 functions. All 3 are separate and distinct sections that apply to how the script is "used".

I thought about removing the sections and creating 3 custom includes so that I could define and separate them and manage them a bit easier. However, will this have a negative impact on my program's performance? Are there any hard coded tests that have been done that can give me an idea of whether or not I would see any significant performance hit?

Thanks in advance.

The contents of any #include files is expanded into the effective source of the script before it is encoded. So there should be no overhead involved at all at run time. There would presumably be a little time added to the compile process.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The contents of any #include files is expanded into the effective source of the script before it is encoded. So there should be no overhead involved at all at run time. There would presumably be a little time added to the compile process.

:)

Thanks mate - much appreciated.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]