Windows Vista

I have created a generic script to run on Windows 2000, XP and Vista (32 and 64 bits), that script create a key on the registry of each machine.

The key that I modify is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Company_Name" the creation and modification of this key works fine over Windows 2000 and XP, but in Windows Vista it doesn't work.

CODE
RegWrite ("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Company_Name")

This code works fine in all operating system except Vista, I try with this code on Vista:

CODE
#RequireAdmin

It works, but prompt a message to the users of User Acceount Control UAC, I don't like that this message appear on the computers with Vista, my users are only users and don't like and don't need to press or select an option.

My question is... How can I run my script in Windows Vista to change the HKLM registry with out prompt any message?

I will appreciate your help.

First off Vista is a piece of bloat ware and your running into this probably because of UAC a failed attempt Microsoft incorporated to make their operating more secure but most people turn it off as it is trouble some for the user there fore making it useless.

Also an other suggestion is to get into the SYSTEM user of the computer if you are the Administrator as the SYSTEM account is the administrator of the administrator on windows.

Edited by trippdoctor

I have created a generic script to run on Windows 2000, XP and Vista (32 and 64 bits), that script create a key on the registry of each machine.

The key that I modify is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Company_Name" the creation and modification of this key works fine over Windows 2000 and XP, but in Windows Vista it doesn't work.

CODE

This code works fine in all operating system except Vista, I try with this code on Vista:

CODE
#RequireAdmin

It works, but prompt a message to the users of User Acceount Control UAC, I don't like that this message appear on the computers with Vista, my users are only users and don't like and don't need to press or select an option.

My question is... How can I run my script in Windows Vista to change the HKLM registry with out prompt any message?

I will appreciate your help.

You can't bypass UAC, if you could then there would be no point with it, would it?

What you can do is to ask your users to shut down UAC, I wouldn't recomend that though since it doesn't sound right.

Your other option is to not write to the registry or maybe to HKCU which (I'm not sure) doesn't trigger UAC.

Oh and to above poster, Vista isn't that bad. I have been running vista for 6 months now and once you have done some tweaking and shut down UAC Vista really doesn't suck. No really.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!