problem with string?

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if it is possible for autoit to create or send a new line like \n in C and C++. I am using the command Send("john"{SPACE}"paul") and i want to make the words john and paul to appear in separate lines. What code/s should i make use of?

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if it is possible for autoit to create or send a new line like \n in C and C++. I am using the command Send("john"{SPACE}"paul") and i want to make the words john and paul to appear in separate lines. What code/s should i make use of?

Thanks a lot!

Look at the macros in the help file ... they start with "@".

@LF = \n

@CR = \r

@CRLF = \r\n

Concatenation is done with the "&" char.

MsgBox(64, "Info", "John" & @CRLF & "Mary")

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look at the macros in the help file ... they start with "@".

@LF = \n

@CR = \r

@CRLF = \r\n

Concatenation is done with the "&" char.

MsgBox(64, "Info", "John" & @CRLF & "Mary")

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it and I am sorry for being such a noob!

• Moderators

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it and I am sorry for being such a noob!

I don't think it was a noob question... but yw all the same.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I don't think it was a noob question... but yw all the same.

Ei, do you know any codes that will lock the mouse once you run the script? Sometimes, it cannot be avoided that you accidentally move the mouse while your script is running and it will certainly mess up your program. Is there any code for that? Or the only way would be to remove my mouse before running the script? Sorry, I did not have the time to completely read the documentation. Thanks m8!

Edited by johnirvin

Ei, do you know any codes that will lock the mouse once you run the script? Sometimes, it cannot be avoided that you accidentally move the mouse while your script is running and it will certainly mess up your program. Is there any code for that? Or the only way would be to remove my mouse before running the script? Sorry, I did not have the time to completely read the documentation. Thanks m8!

#Include <Misc.au3>
_MouseTrap([$iLeft = 0[, $iTop = 0[, $iRight = 0[, $iBottom = 0]]]])