How to show Windows' Mixer volume bar?

Hi!

Is there a way to show Windows' SndVol32.exe Volume Mixer without doing a pixel-coordinated click on the speaker icon in the tray?

I can't find a way.

Posted Image

Tried this one but the volume icon doesn't seem to be a tray icon. :)

(I'd like to call a script showing the volume bar whenever I hit the + / - multimedia keys on my keyboard)

Edited by Samhayne

Run('"C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE" /t')
Nope... this opens the full mixer window... I just want the pop up (picture in the first post) you get when you click the speaker tray icon once... and which disappears as soon as you click somewhere else.

=> a visual feedback when turning up/down the sound volume with multimedia keys on the keyboard

Edited by Samhayne

Nope... this opens the full mixer window... I just want the pop up (picture in the first post) you get when you click the speaker tray icon once... and which disappears as soon as you click somewhere else.

=> a visual feedback when turning up/down the sound volume with multimedia keys on the keyboard

It works in XP. I grabbed the command line by running Sysinternals Process Explorer, then clicking the sound icon. When I saw the new entry pop up in the list of processes I checked the properties to get the command line. Perhaps the command line is different in Vista or it may not even open a new process.

Needs beta, works on XP

Modified from other post.

#NoTrayIcon
#Include <GuiToolBar.au3>

_SysTray_ClickItem("Volume", "left", 1)

;====================================================================================
;
;Function Name:    _SysTray_ClickItem()
;Description:      Click on item in Windows system tray by any substring in the title
;Parameters:       $iTitle - The title of the item in Windows system tray (you can see the title of the item when mouse cursor hovered on item).
;                  $iButton - [optional] The button to click, "left" or "right". Default is the left button.
;                  $iClick - [optional] The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 2
;                 
;Return Value(s):  None
;Requirement(s):   AutoIt 3.2.10.0
;
;
;Autor(s):        R.Gilman (a.k.a rasim); Siao (Thanks for idea smile.gif)
;
;====================================================================================
Func _SysTray_ClickItem($iTitle, $iButton = "left", $iClick = 2)
    Local $hToolbar, $iButCount, $i

If Not $iTitle Then
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "Please indicate title")
        Return 0
    EndIf

$hToolbar = ControlGetHandle('[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]', '', '[Class:ToolbarWindow32;Instance:1]')
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "System tray not found")
        Return 0
    EndIf

$iButCount = _GUICtrlToolbar_ButtonCount($hToolbar)
    If $iButCount = 0 Then
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "Not found item in system tray")
        Return
    EndIf

For $i = 0 To $iButCount - 1
        $cID = _GUICtrlToolbar_IndexToCommand($hToolBar, $i)
        If StringInStr(_GUICtrlToolbar_GetButtonText($hToolBar, $cID), $iTitle) Then
              _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton($hToolbar, $cID, "left", False, $iClick)
            Return 1
        EndIf
    Next
    MsgBox(48, "Fail", "Required item not found")
EndFunc

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.