tab to next field

is there a way to control which field is selected next when hitting tab?

i have a drop down that id like to select after hitting tab from field 3. and id like the OK button to get selected after hitting tab from the drop box...

<see image below>

http://www.postyourimage.com/view_image.ph...w3B5C1210090325

current tab behavior:

hitting tab from field 3 takes me to OK button

hitting tab from drop down takes me to field 1

is there a way to control which field is selected next when hitting tab?

i have a drop down that id like to select after hitting tab from field 3. and id like the OK button to get selected after hitting tab from the drop box...

<see image below>

http://www.postyourimage.com/view_image.ph...w3B5C1210090325

current tab behavior:

hitting tab from field 3 takes me to OK button

hitting tab from drop down takes me to field 1

I don't think you have control over the order. It's probably just the order in which the controls were created. If it is an AutoIt GUI, try just creating that button immediately after "field 3" to see if that works. If it's another app, I don't think you can do anything.

You could perhaps trap the "{TAB}" with HotKeySet() and cause it to ControlFocus() to where you wanted it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

tried the order.. didnt work.

heh hotkeyset.. that can turn into a nightmare!!! :(

I certainly could, but might be manageable if you only have the HotKeySet("{TAB}", "_TabFunc") enabled while "field 3" is in focus.

Not ideal, but I don't know what else you can do with that.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law