Belkin KVM Switch (switch screens with AutoIT)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if its possible to create a script in AutoIT to switch PCs with a KVM switch in AutoIT.

Currently the KVM switch requires the user to press Scroll Lock 5 times and then the UP key..I'm trying to find out if its possible to create a script so I can put icons on the desktops that the user can click to switch screens.

I can't test anything this evening as its on my work PC but I believe that I may need to just send the keys within AutoIT?.

However after reading some forums it seems like this may not be possible as the keyboard presses are sent through the KVM switch and AutoIT send commands would not work?.

anyone have any ideas..thanks

I'm going to have to say that this would not work, as you are bypassing the KVM Switch and accessing the OS directly. I have a KVM switch on several of my machines. I tried it on one, where the key combo is Control then the system number (ie: CTRL then 1) and a one was typed into the seti window.

Kerros

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if its possible to create a script in AutoIT to switch PCs with a KVM switch in AutoIT.

Currently the KVM switch requires the user to press Scroll Lock 5 times and then the UP key..I'm trying to find out if its possible to create a script so I can put icons on the desktops that the user can click to switch screens.

I can't test anything this evening as its on my work PC but I believe that I may need to just send the keys within AutoIT?.

However after reading some forums it seems like this may not be possible as the keyboard presses are sent through the KVM switch and AutoIT send commands would not work?.

anyone have any ideas..thanks

I don't think it will work. The KVM sees the key strokes on the wire (PS2 or USB connector) right from the keyboard, before it gets to the port on the PC/Server. Everything AutoIt could do would be after it got to the PC/Server.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'm not going to say that it's not possible at all, but you would need to find something that can access the KVM switch directly... maybe like a macro keyboard.

Kerros

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

I'm not going to say that it's not possible at all, but you would need to find something that can access the KVM switch directly... maybe like a macro keyboard.

Kerros

I would say it was not possible though. That is, unless you build a little robot controlled by AutoIt which can push the keys for you.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.