Physix

Well, I was watching some videos with some crazy physics engine and I figured I'd have a go at it. Now, being as I have algebra-grade math knowledge, I didn't get far with it.

Although I did finish it, cleaned it up with some nice sounds and graphics and tada! A game with not point or goal!

The only problem with it is that the image leaves behind a blank space behind it sometimes, making it look like its flickering, but I couldn't fix it because my GuisetBkColor() was acting funny (random colors?).

The only bug with this is that it sometimes gets stuck bouncing up and down on the left wall(this can be fixed simply by moving left or right again)

Oh, and one more thing, You'll notice a little tool tip that follows your cursor, thats the speed, I added that in for bug testing and forgot to remove it, sorry lol.

Oh, and for the stuff at the right, "A:" is the alignment speed(left-right speed), "H:" is how many pixels up away from your floor line( I put ft after it just to give it some measurement, even though it's actually pixels). "Speed:" is your Up-Down speed. "Gravity:" is the downward pull force, I found that 2 is good so 2 is default, you can change it (via the input box). "Floor position:" Determines where the floor (where it bounces) in pixels from the TOP, 300 is fine. "Walls" Shows the status of your walls, it's generally obvious when they're not there though.

Controls:

EDIT: New controls for v0.2

Q - Reset the entity to the origin (with is the top of the screen)

W/S - up/down forces, they're there but you probably wont notice it anyway

A/D - Add speed to Left or right

SPACE - Adds 15 to your speed(now regardless of direction) ("Bunny Hop")

F1 - Bring the entity to your cursor, it was for testing purposes

E - Toggle the wall restraints, however, touching the botom of the screen will move you back to the top(with the same moving force) (Portal effect!)

R/F - Moves floor Up / Down

T/G - Increase/ Decrease Gravity

Up Arrow - This was just for fun, you rocket up at 200 lol, I didn't bother to include the sound, but that doesn't matter lol

Posted Image

Download(with images & sounds):

Rapidshare

HostFile.org

P.S. The script won't work on it's own, it needs the pictures and stuff.

P.S.S. Don't mind the needless over use of variables, its from all my trial and errors

EDIT: Well, now that I'm done being all worked up about it, I'll actually start adding a goal to the game.. like collect all the objects or something

EDIT: Oh, I also forgot to apologize for the square entity, I haven't learned how to make images with transparency(that work on autoit GUIs)

EDIT: v0.2 New, better controls - oops forgot to upload lol

EDIT: v0.3 More controls, and functions.

Previous downloads: 9

Physix_0.3.au3

Edited by VindicatorOmega

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

?

well if you go here, you'll see that right away you find a good free host known as media fire :)

it's nice but really glitchey and not everything works such as up and what not and left and right keep going back and forth looped.

Edited by JellyFish666

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

@JellyFish

Yea, I mentioned that up/down are barely noticeable, but try holding UP while falling, you'll notice you fall slower, or hold down and you fall faster. Left and right don't loop, you control it with A/D your probably hitting walls while holding the button...I should fix that, thanks for brining it to my attention

EDIT: Now that I've noticed it, I realized theres actually nothing wrong with it. Left-right controls are fine...

Edited by VindicatorOmega

Heh, thanks, I tried to keep the gravity as close to usual but I truthfully didn't know how to calculate it. However, the bounceback force is equivelent to a good sized rubber-ball (2/3 of the original force, thus, goes up 2/3 of the way back)

I could make a game out of this but I'd have to figure out WHAT lol XD... maybe with levels of increasing gravity and yuor trying to stay away from evil entities lol...

@JellyFish

Yea, I mentioned that up/down are barely noticeable, but try holding UP while falling, you'll notice you fall slower, or hold down and you fall faster. Left and right don't loop, you control it with A/D your probably hitting walls while holding the button...I should fix that, thanks for brining it to my attention

EDIT: Now that I've noticed it, I realized theres actually nothing wrong with it. Left-right controls are fine...

well, actually something really isn't working proper, when my mouse went out of the GUI I got a -1 out of bounds error from autoit, and the sound keeps looping and the left and right do loop the ball it goes back and forth without me pushing any buttons I just hit it once.

very nice though.

Edited by JellyFish666

Oh, you mean after you press left or right once it keeps going? Thats momentum, when you push it a little, it'll keep going, just pretend there isin't any air resistance, only the walls.

I'm not sure about the -1 out of bounds thing, I'll try and make it happen again... Thanks for the tip