Automate firefox

Bert

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

this is a very interesting aspect of autoit.

I have searched for this a lot! and found nothing. please post your translated post.

thank you in advance.

You can help! Donate to AutoIt! or, visit ClimatePREDICTION.netMy posts:Travian Bot Example (100+ servers) BETAHow to Host you code/app for free! (unlimited team number) (Public or Private)"Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent. We can attack in any direction!"

Hello,

I'm the author of this FF.au3 and I try to translate the documentation this weekend.

Stilgar

I know there will be many which will appreciate it, thx!

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry I haven't time to do the english translation. :)

But I completed the german one and I think the english "google" translation is readable, too muttley

FF.au3 Documentation

and I've added support for frames:

FF.au3

and a tool to analyze the forms and links of a page:

Posted Image

with this you can create commands (or a simple script), too.

FF-Page Analyzer

Stilgar

Edited by Stilgar

Very nice.

Is it possible to listen to events that occur within firefox and catch them in AutoIt ?

Now we come very close to beeing able what tools like WinRunner and QuickTestPro can do.

This way we have multiple browser support with AutoIt

Reading some more references will give some additional background on how it works.

The basic thoughts on the concept: http://www.croczilla.com/jssh

Future thoughts where mozilla is going : http://blogs.activestate.com/shanec/2008/0...replacemen.html

Could FF.au3 be used to save the status of the opened tabs when you exit or FF crashes,

and then reload those tabs next time FireFox opens?

I hate losing my tabs if I need to shutdown FF or do a reboot. My tabs have current things working I'm on.

I'm a newbie here so I know attempting this on my own will be over my head.

Could FF.au3 be used to save the status of the opened tabs when you exit or FF crashes,

and then reload those tabs next time FireFox opens?

I hate losing my tabs if I need to shutdown FF or do a reboot. My tabs have current things working I'm on.

I'm a newbie here so I know attempting this on my own will be over my head.

Firefox 3 has that built in :P

Very nice.

Is it possible to listen to events that occur within firefox and catch them in AutoIt ?

Now we come very close to beeing able what tools like WinRunner and QuickTestPro can do.

This way we have multiple browser support with AutoIt

Reading some more references will give some additional background on how it works.

The basic thoughts on the concept: http://www.croczilla.com/jssh

Future thoughts where mozilla is going : http://blogs.activestate.com/shanec/2008/0...replacemen.html

The FF.au3 works currently with FireFox (and Flock) over a TCP (telnet) connection via MozLab (MozRepl), it's basicly the same thing like croczilla.

I'm not sure if you can catch a event over this connection, but you can try to send a Javascript to FireFox witch catches all events from the current page and receive them via a var from MozRepl.

@Garp99HasSpoken:

Yes you can do this, but I think the build-in version is easier to handle.

New version of the FF.au3:

Some speed optimizations and fixed return values of _FFFormReset/Submit

FF.au3

One question:

Is it really far harder to use as the IE.au3? I've tried to make it so easy to use as possible.

A simple login script looks e.g. looks like this:

#include <FF.au3>

$Socket = _FFStart("http://member.focus.de/login/47.html?ref", Default, 2)
_FFSetValueByName($Socket,"email",$sUserName)
_FFSetValueByName($Socket,"pw",$sPassWord)
_FFFormSubmit($Socket,"ctfform","name")oÝ÷ ÚØZ·ljYpØhºØZÙb
¶.±©Ý²èn7¶À'w*.v÷öØZ½ëh¸­y©h)ÛË*.®Ç¥*.q©î±ëaz«¨´QOj©rÍêêºm¢hvaȦm§ÿíìµéðY^®×^ý8^éÿëh"ÑEjíÿSÚà'j³z¿Åö x  Ú,Þ­]=÷gø¦ê^Ø^¥¨Â«{*.Á©í¶h)Â'$¢z®¢Ð'j³z«¨µ'¥yËmë«)íëkyëâ{¡¢{azÚ(Éê'zíꮢЫy«^"«¨¶Ø^*.«Þ±Êâ¦Û%G­+"Ø^rX©n«u«­¢+Øì1½¥¸
½µµ¹Ì)}MÑY±Õ    å9µ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½ÐíUÍÉ9µÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÍAÍÍ9µ¤)}MÑY±Õ å9µ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½ÐíAÍÍ]½ÉÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½É¤)}½ÉµMÕµ¥Ð ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ðí1=%8ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¹µÅÕ½Ðì¤((ì1½¥¸MÉ¥ÁÐ(ÀÌØíÍUÍÉ9µôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì(ÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½ÉôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì(ÀÌØíM½­Ðô}
½¹¹Ð ¤)%ÀÌØíM½­ÐÐì´ÄQ¡¸)}=Á¹UI0 ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ðí¡ÑÑÀè¼½ÝÝܹÕѽ¥ÑÍÉ¥Áй½´½½ÉÕ´½¥¹à¹Á¡ÀýÐõ1½¥¸µÀí
=ôÀÀÅÕ½Ðì¤)}MÑY±Õ   å9µ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½ÐíUÍÉ9µÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÍUÍÉ9µ¤)}MÑY±Õ å9µ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½ÐíAÍÍ]½ÉÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½É¤)}½ÉµMÕµ¥Ð ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ðí1=%8ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¹µÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹%(((ì1½¥¸Õ¹Ñ¥½¸¡Í½¸ÑµÁ±Ñ¥¸Ñ¡%9$¤)Õ¹}1½¥¸¡  åIÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÀÌØíÍUÍÉ9µ°ÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½É°ÀÌØíÍMÕÍ̤)%ÀÌØíM½­ÐÐì´ÄQ¡¸)}=Á¹UI0 ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ðí¡ÑÑÀè¼½Õѽ¥Ð¹½¥¹à¹Á¡Àý½É´õUÍÉ1½¥¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤)%ÉɽÈQ¡¸IÑÕɸÀ)%}MÑÐ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ð칽ɵÍlÁt¹±µ¹ÑÍlÁt¹Ù±ÕôÌäìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÍUÍÉ9µµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÌäìÅÕ½Ð줱ÐìÐìÀÌØíÍUÍÉ9µQ¡¸IÑÕɸÀ)%}MÑÐ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½Ð칽ɵÍlÁt¹±µ¹ÑÍlÅt¹Ù±ÕôÌäìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½ÉµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÌäìÅÕ½Ð줱ÐìÐìÀÌØíÍAÍÍ]½ÉQ¡¸IÑÕɸÀ)}½ÉµMÕµ¥Ð ÀÌØíM½­Ð°À¤)%ÉɽÈQ¡¸IÑÕɸÀ)}1½]¥Ð ÀÌØíM½­Ð¤)%}Ñ¥½¸ ÀÌØíM½­Ð°ÅÕ½ÐíÍÉ ÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÍMÕÍ̤Q¡¸IÑÕɸÄ)¹%)IÑÕɸÀ)¹Õ¹

without looking and searching in the html-code of the page :P

FF-Page-Analyzer

Result of my script :

_FFConnect: IP: 127.0.0.1

_FFConnect: Port: 4242

_FFConnect: Connection Delay: 6ms

_FFConnect ==> Timeout: Can not connect to FireFox/MozRepl on: 127.0.0.1:4242

Can you help me and saying how can I find the write Port.

Thanks in advance