ProcessClose() not working with a PID

I considered putting this on the bug reports board, but it's more likely that I'm doing something wrong, so here goes. I'm trying to write a seemingly simple wrapper program for a command-line program, but for some reason this doesn't work:

Global $PID = Run(@ScriptDir & "\someDirectory\someApp.exe > aTextFile.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
; Do some stuff
ProcessClose($PID)

The process simply isn't killed. Of course, ProcessClose() has no return value (1 every time) and doesn't set @Error, so I don't really know what's going on. Any insights?

Edited by phaze424

i dunno ive never done it that way I guess there are issues :)

EDIT:

Global $PID 
$PID = Run(@ScriptDir & "\someDirectory\someApp.exe > aTextFile.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
; Do some stuff
ProcessClose($PID)

Prolly cant be used in a Global? Maby?

EDIT2:

NOTE: I personally don't like to declare stuff on the same line as it is set to a global, if that is the issue then you'll see my reasoning for that practice :(

Edited by botanic

I considered putting this on the bug reports board, but it's more likely that I'm doing something wrong, so here goes. I'm trying to write a seemingly simple wrapper program for a command-line program, but for some reason this doesn't work:

Global $PID = Run(@ScriptDir & "\someDirectory\someApp.exe > aTextFile.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
; Do some stuff
ProcessClose($PID)oÝ÷ Ù8^¦ºzË,jeÊ+'ßÛdY^tçÜ¢êìxúèqë,
Z,z¬Þ¶ê罩n{W¯z¼­g×hzÉ÷öÛ´J뢻(!Ú'ßÛky©eÊIèÃZ·l§À(§²(!¶Ïêº^"ËayÊ&©Ý)ÞjZrÛ¢)àÝý²:N¨+h®Ø^²Ö­zâ¶Úòjëh×6Run(@COMPSPEC & " /k " & @ScriptDir & "\someDirectory\someApp.exe > aTextFile.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_SHOW)

This will leave the command prompt open until you explicitly exit it.

Also, you have the working dir set to @Scriptdir, but the command line executable is located in a subdirectory of that. Some command line programs need the working dir to be the same as their location.