combining if statments

Im trying to do multiple combinations of... im not sure what to call it.... in an if statment and im not sure its correct...

example

If A and B both are true as one option

If C and D both are true as a second option

How can i do if (A and :) or (C and D) are true then do the if statment.

How do i do this?

something like this ?

$a=1
$b=1
if $a=1 and $b=1 then 
else
endif

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

more like

$a=1
$b=1
$c=1
$d=1

if $a=1 and $b=1 or $c=1 and $d=1 then 
endif

to trigger both A and B should be 1, or C and D, or all four...

i tried this, but it seems it doesnt want to work, im thinking its got something to do with order of events and needing brackets or something, but i dont know if i can do that...

While $a=1 and $b=1
if $c=1 and $d=1 then
Exitloop
Endif
Wend

if $a=1 and $b=1 and $c=1 and $d=1 then
;the result at last ...
endif

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

i want it to trigger if both a and b are true or if both c and d are true...

you should post this at first of your topic

...as a fix as daniel's code

$a=1
$b=1
$c=1
$d=1

If ($a=1 And $b=1) Or ($c=1 And $d=1) Then
;whatever
EndIF

you should post this at first of your topic

...as a fix as daniel's code

$a=1
$b=1
$c=1
$d=1

If ($a=1 And $b=1) Or ($c=1 And $d=1) Then
;whatever
EndIF
To the topic author:

Pay attention, this code checks if $a, $b, $c, $d equal one, not if they're true. Being 'True' means being anything different than 0, including 1 and all other possible values, so you should use 'If $MyVar Then' instead of 'If $MyVar = 1 Then'.

Edited by danielkza

To the topic author:

Pay attention, this code checks if $a, $b, $c, $d equal one, not if they're true. Being 'True' means being anything different than 0, including 1 and all other possible values, so you should use 'If $MyVar Then' instead of 'If $MyVar = 1 Then'.

Ya well im not exactly always using vars, but there have been many parts where i wanted to add multiple instances to an if statment, and i couldnt make the if statments work...

And i wasnt quite sure how to ask what i was asking, which is why it all wasnt in the first post... i tried my best to explain what i was trying to do, and eventually the idea got through...

using brackets looks like its gonna work

if (1 = 1 and 2 = 2) or (3 = 3 and 4 = 4) then, etc. By true i meant the expression was true, $a = 1, etc. Doesnt matter what the equation is, as long as it passes the test.

i didnt know brackets could be used, but that makes it easier. Now more of my programs will be better created. Thanks!

Edited by pileot

To the topic author:

i don't mentioning about 'True' or 'False' in my the code i've changed, i declared $a=1 ... $d=1 and i use if to check that, the topic starter should be smart enough to learn from that example