Simple AutoIt Point Of Sale

d2addict4

well ive been reading these forums for a few years until I decided to join, and I happened to come upon a user named ShaneHale, who was a newbie and wrote a Point of sale program. Then I discovered another user, now banned ( swift ) tried to fix it up too, and did a fairly good job at it, so now I took this program even futher and added transaction storage, et cetera, so now i want the peanut gallery to give me some feedback! oh also, this now has a full screen version and a mini version! critizism and 'greats!' are completed welcome! ( this does not write to the registry or anything. it saves everything in a folder called: Point of Sale, at your script directory! the code is 618 lines long.

http://h1.ripway.com/D2Addict/PointofSale.au3

TODO:

Add Global Tax (Permanite, unless changed by an Admin)

Admin (Allow admin to change global tax, catalogs, and prices etc.)

Log on (Employie logon, to know who sold what)

Catalog items (Expandable)

Edited by d2addict4

nice work... but really has no point on a normal computer, but in a store it would function well :)

"FREEDOM is not FREE""Its a good thing war is so terrible, or we grow too fond of it" -Robert E. Lee[quote]Firestrom: global $warming = False[/quote]My scripts:Desktop Cleaner---->Total Downloads:167;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;111111;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;"a wise man once said why use your skills when we have technology"

Nice..

Suggestions:

When pressing a button for catalog item (Button 1 ~ 16) then do a running total in the totals box.

Make catalog items expandable by using groups.

eg: Create a group of 16 buttons on a tab, then if you need other group added then create another tab with another 16 buttons.

Example: I work in a small hot food takeaway shop.

We have Pasta dishes (11 different dishes), Chicken Dishes ( 9 different dishes), Pizza's (14 different base pizzas), Deserts (8 different desserts), Drinks (37 different drinks).

So I would like to add more Groups. Tab 1 for Pizzas items, Tab 2 for Pasta items, Tab 3 for Chicken items.. etc

I think this could be done quite easily.

Add Log On to use the pos software or/and add a user database.

We have 5 staff working in the shop coming and going.

All staff take orders, but sometimes you need to ask the staff member who took the order an additional question about the order. Knowing who took the order helps.

Add an Admin mode to edit the catalog.

We don't want all staff to be able to adjust catalog prices or fiddle with global settings by mistake or otherwise.

Cheers

You should add a permanent tax add(that you can change later) so you dont have to enter the tax every time

nvm u already had that

Edited by TnTProductions

"FREEDOM is not FREE""Its a good thing war is so terrible, or we grow too fond of it" -Robert E. Lee[quote]Firestrom: global $warming = False[/quote]My scripts:Desktop Cleaner---->Total Downloads:167;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;111111;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;"a wise man once said why use your skills when we have technology"

well ive been reading these forums for a few years until I decided to join, and I happened to come upon a user named ShaneHale, who was a newbie and wrote a Point of sale program. Then I discovered another user, now banned ( swift ) tried to fix it up too, and did a fairly good job at it, so now I took this program even futher and added transaction storage, et cetera, so now i want the peanut gallery to give me some feedback! oh also, this now has a full screen version and a mini version! critizism and 'greats!' are completed welcome! ( this does not write to the registry or anything. it saves everything in a folder called: Point of Sale, at your script directory! the code is 618 lines long.

http://h1.ripway.com/D2Addict/PointofSale.au3

TODO:

Add Global Tax (Permanite, unless changed by an Admin)

Admin (Allow admin to change global tax, catalogs, and prices etc.)

Log on (Employie logon, to know who sold what)

Catalog items (Expandable)

When clicking on a completed transaction:

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\PointofSale.au3 (195) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
For $i = 1 To $FArray[0] - 1 
For $i = 1 To $FArray^ ERROR
->18:35:43 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Hmm it seems to work for me and everyone else, heres the case statement.

$File = @ScriptDir & "\Point Of Sale\Logs\" & _DateToNumber(GUICtrlRead($Date1)) & "\" & GUICtrlRead($ListBox) & ".txt"
            Dim $FArray
            $String = ""
            $LISTGUI = GUICreate(" ", 389, 453, -1, -1, _
                    BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
            $Button1s = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close this transaction", 8, 424, 371, 25, 0)
            $List10 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 0, 0, 385, 422)
            If $FullScreen = True Then _SetParent($LISTGUI, "Point Of Sale")
            _FileReadToArray($File, $FArray)
            For $i = 1 To $FArray[0] - 1
                _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($List10, $FArray[$i])
            Next
            WinSetTitle($LISTGUI, "", GUICtrlRead($ListBox) & " Log")
            If $FullScreen = True Then
                GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $TransGUI)
                GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Form1_1)
            EndIf
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $LISTGUI)

This works with the RELEASE version of AutoIt.

Edited by d2addict4

Yes, I would have the gui initial setup as the smaller screen and have the fullscreen an option.

By finishing the sale, as it is now you have to manually clear the current sale. when it writes to the database it should finish the sale and clear out for the next sale.

You have added some really great stuff so far and all of these suggestions would make for one really cool project. Keep up the great work... :)

how would i use a proper database :) hmm i dont know how to use sql lite or nutin so..

but so far ive got some work done ive got a admin tab with the features global tax etc.

You'll have to start by creating an Entity-relationship model. Later on, you'll convert that into a database.

Then you can start building your application to read and write to the database.

well now guys, i got some great admin features working and stuff like that, this WILL write to the registry as of now to

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion", "Name1", "REG_SZ", $OO)

this new version requires 3.2.11.0 + it will not work, and will terminate with 3.2.10.0.

heres the new code

http://h1.ripway.com/D2Addict/PointofSale(New).au3

Edited by d2addict4

Here are the globals for this version..

Global Const $WS_SYSMENU = 0x00080000
Global Const $WS_CAPTION = 0x00C00000
Global Const $WS_POPUP = 0x80000000
Global Const $WS_POPUPWINDOW = 0x80880000
Global Const $WS_BORDER = 0x00800000
Global Const $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = 0x04000000
Global Const $WM_SYSCOMMAND = 0x0112
Global Const $SS_CENTER   = 1