Access to a Frame

Hello,

I am trying to access a Frame [$oIE3 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE,"main")] without success:

SetExtended($oTemp.GetElementsByTagName ($s_TagName).length)

SetExtended($oTemp.GetElementsByTagName ($s_TagName)^ ERROR

I put the statement _IEErrorHandlerRegister() and I got an "access denied"

Now, I just tried to access the same Frame with Rational Robot and it's working fine....... :)

Can someone explain this to me, please? :D

I am totally :( about this thing !!!!

Thank you!

Isabelle

Hello,

I am trying to access a Frame [$oIE3 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE,"main")] without success:

SetExtended($oTemp.GetElementsByTagName ($s_TagName).length)

SetExtended($oTemp.GetElementsByTagName ($s_TagName)^ ERROR

I put the statement _IEErrorHandlerRegister() and I got an "access denied"

Now, I just tried to access the same Frame with Rational Robot and it's working fine....... :)

Can someone explain this to me, please? :D

I am totally :( about this thing !!!!

Thank you!

Isabelle

The "access denied" generally implies a cross-site scripting security violation, which IE is coded to prevent from working. If you did it on the same site with the same version of IE, then I would expect the same violation with Rational Robot doing the automation, too.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The "access denied" generally implies a cross-site scripting security violation, which IE is coded to prevent from working. If you did it on the same site with the same version of IE, then I would expect the same violation with Rational Robot doing the automation, too.

:(

But it's not...

You think that Robot should cause an Access Denied as well?

I would prefer to get it worked in AutoIT... :)

:)

So any idea why it's not?

Please...

So any idea why it's not?

Please...

If you want to force an XSS violation, take it to another site. That kind of effort is not appreciated here. And please use something other than AutoIt for your phishing - we don't need the hassle.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Perhaps PsaltyDS knows something about what you are doing that I am unaware of... if so, I'll regret chiming in here.

With the security restriction you need to open the url of the frame in a new window...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Perhaps PsaltyDS knows something about what you are doing that I am unaware of... if so, I'll regret chiming in here.

With the security restriction you need to open the url of the frame in a new window...

Dale

No, I was probably too harsh and paranoid. My apologies to isabelleglt, I do not have any good reason for bad assumption.

I spend my day trying to get work done with AutoIt, and some days it seems like the WoW bots and scripts kiddies trying to prank their school computer lab are taking over. Most days are better than that and I shouldn't be so cynical.

If you want to force an XSS violation, take it to another site. That kind of effort is not appreciated here. And please use something other than AutoIt for your phishing - we don't need the hassle.

:(

I am not phishing. I'm am testing my company website and it's seems that a special condition block the access to the frame. That's all.

I will not take your time anymore and I am sorry if you misunderstood my situation.

Edited by isabelleglt

No, I was probably too harsh and paranoid. My apologies to isabelleglt, I do not have any good reason for bad assumption.

I spend my day trying to get work done with AutoIt, and some days it seems like the WoW bots and scripts kiddies trying to prank their school computer lab are taking over. Most days are better than that and I shouldn't be so cynical.

Hello,

I heard something about the Robot: "I believe Robot built in accesses frames via a path from the root of the web browser object."

What is the access method of AutoIT? Is it the same than the Robot?

Thanks,

Isabelle

Hello,

I heard something about the Robot: "I believe Robot built in accesses frames via a path from the root of the web browser object."

What is the access method of AutoIT? Is it the same than the Robot?

Thanks,

Isabelle

AutoIt (specifically Dale's IE.au3 functions) is simply making calls to the IE COM interface. So the question is what IE is doing. If you can get the path directly to the frame and open it in a separate instance of IE (maybe even a separate tab in IE7) it might work. But I thought you tried that already...?

If there is an external COM interface available to Rational Robot you could theoretically create your own RRobot.au3 UDF and use that with AutoIt.

• 4 weeks later...

Dale

OMG! I had given up on getting frames to work because of the darn access denied!

I'm not doing cross domain scripting but the frames I am testing (I'm in white box QA) use javascript and ASP to dynamically generate the src so it trips the frame blocking security feature as IE thinks it's a different domain although it's not.

For some reason, it had not occured to me to open the darn thing in a new window so I could get to the components.

Thx for mentionning the fix one more time...I guess it's true that teaching is all about repetition.