Who is renaming my damn files?

themax90

Ok I was just scrolling the forum and my damn sig stopped working. Someone accessed my folder and renamed the avatar.jpg and sig.gif to sigs.gif and avatars.jpg I fixed it but I would like the admins to check the access log and warn whatever user that uses that ip. It's F$$king bullshit that people stoop that low to rename files. Goddamn people like that are low. I mean if you are afraid of my pwnage sig then get one yourself, go to the Graphic Request topic on Blizzhackers. geeeez.

Thanks for listening

AGENT SMITH

Adminz and Modz my ip is 216.195.206.249 just to let you know.

Edited by Agent Smith

I think someone just did it to me...

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Can an admin get an access log, I ran an apache server and I know it generates a log file, thats how I got Guidosoft's ip, and it gives an ip for all the files and folders accessed and the exact time. Maybe it's a fileman bug or error or something but I would like the modz/adminz to figure it out and fix whatever or whoever it is.

• Administrators

That was always the risk with a public access place :idiot:

The fileman software is pretty basic, so no real logs, and the apache logs are just enormous and would probably show my user account as doing the editing anyway (the account the fileman software runs under).

There's a new version of the fileman software due for release soon which integrates properly with the forum and then we might be able to automatically set up private areas for anyone who wants them (I can do that now, but I generally try to avoid it as I have to create an account, password, directory, etc etc)

If it keeps happening though I'll close down the public place and you'll have to rely on attachments and stuff. Josbe got his entire directory wiped a while ago which really pissed me off.

I like the idea of having private areas to use, you should add that if it's not too much trouble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also think that would be awsome, the only thing to do is make sure that it's available to public in the right way, letting someone download but not upload/edit.

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

You forgot to add "delete".

The most important and dangerous thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could've sworn deleting is a form of editing?

You forgot to add "delete".

The most important and dangerous thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Deleting is dangerous, but Editing may be more dangerous. B/c if a file's deleted, you know somethings wrong, if it's just changed (a little) you might not notice for weeks, if ever.

Not saying that you are wrong, just my 2 cents.

Of course, I didn't read all of this post, so I may be 'All up in the Kool-Aid, and I don't know the flavor.'

Ian

Edit: Added the part about Kool-Aid

Edited by ioliver

"Blessed be the name of the Lord" - Job 1:21Check out Search IMF